• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).
Neuropharmacology of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine

Neuropharmacology of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine 2024-06-30

No permission to download

The Traveler

The Moxylator
Staff member
Admin
Donator
The Traveler submitted a new resource:

Neuropharmacology of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine - N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, hallucinogen, neurotransmitter, psychiatric disorder

Abstract

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is an indole alkaloid widely found in plants and animals. It is best known for producing brief and intense psychedelic effects when ingested. Increasing evidence suggests that endogenous DMT plays important roles for a number of processes in the periphery and central nervous system, and may act as a neurotransmitter. This paper reviews the current literature of both therecreational use of DMT and its potential roles as an endogenous...

Read more about this resource...

This is a great paper on DMT and basically describes the state of the art on the research of dmt, a really good read for those who are in need for a wider view on dmt and its effects and a great resource for references.

If you’re starting out with reading dmt related research this would be great first paper.

Thanks Trav

I love this description. Ultimately reality as we see is just a interpretation to make sense of it (I suspect anyway) Isnt color just photons at different frequencies for example? Could argue color doesn’t actually exist? It’s just how we perceive light at different frequencies?

Id be very curious to see what happens if they are successfully able to “receptor block” endogenous DMT as is being loosely talked about as potential treatment for schizophrenia. (What if endogenous DMT is necessary to perceive “reality”)

Waking reality is created in a similar way to altered states except that the normal state correlates with event in the “physical” world. Thus, waking reality can be thought of as a tightly regulated psychedelic experience and altered states arise when this regulation is loosened in some fashion.

On the subject of endogenous DMT i would like to point out that Folate (Methylfolate) and B12 (Methylcobalamin) are necessary for endogenous DMT production, as Methylfolate donates it's methyl group to Cobalamin to make Methylcobalamin which then regenerates Methionine from Homocysteine and Methionine then goes towards SAM synthesis which is needed by INMT to methylate Tryptamine into NMT and then again into DMT. We also do get Methionine from diet as well and i assume that should be able to go toward SAM synthesis all the same, but none the less, it's worth keeping in mind that Folic Acid has a host of issues and is not actual/natural Folate and can even get in the way of actual Folate in the body, and as such people are often low/deficient in Folate (ime, go by the fingernail moons/lunulas, if you have little to no fingernail moons, you're low in Folate), as well as being low in B12 as well. And it's made me wonder how this may reflect back into testing for endogenous DMT levels because perhaps endo-DMT levels are so low because we're low in Folate/B12, maybe. As far as i know, Methylfolate is the body's main methyl donor for SAM synthesis, though there's also Choline for Betaine/Trimethylglycine that can regenerate Methionine from Homocysteine through BHMT. On top of that you also need enough P5P B6 for Tryptophan to turn into Tryptamine by AADC/DOPA Decarboxylase. There may also be other co-factors involved as well, like Zinc and possibly Copper for example when it comes to Methionine Synthase which uses the Methylfolate and Cobalamin (Methylcobalamin) for Methionine regeneration.

Back
Top Bottom