• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

New SD Plants

Migrated topic.

Mr Fantasy

Rising Star
So I ordered two plants and got them three days ago, 1 Blosser strain and 1 Hoffman and Wasson strain.
They made it fine, but seems like the post office held them for an extra day for some reason. I was tracking them and they were in one spot for two days.
Here they are after I unpacked them.
hofandbloss1.jpg

As you can see they were a little droopy when I got them. Also some branches fell of so I cut those to the node and put them in a glass of water with a little rooting water I made from fresh willow twigs. I also put them in a humidity tent.
here are the cutting next to a money tree cutting I am trying to get going.
cuttings.jpg

I have been misting them twice a day.
Yesterday I had a scare with the Hoffman, I was gone the night before and got back in the afternoon, I went in to mist them and the Hoffman looked like a wet dog it was so droopy. So I watered and misted them, came back it two hours latter and it was standing straight up again. I just don't want to over water them. Man these things are sensitive, like a pet or child, lol. I can tell I will have a good time with them, maybe hire a babysitter when I go out of town.

Here they are today,
hofandbloss2.jpg

So now I need to replant them, does anyone have any recommendations on the pest way.
I read somewhere to spiral a rope in the dirt and let it come out of the hole in the bottom of the pot hanging into water. The rope would then pull up the water transferring it to the dirt and roots. Has anyone done this?? I think I read it hear.

And yes I know my torches are looking rough in the above pic, the big one I threw a cutting in my aloe 4 years and it started going crazy. I need to cut them down and root them out of the aloe. The little ones behind the Salvia are from a piece that broke off while moving the big one, I cut it into three, they rooted fine.
Here is a pic of the big one, I really neglected this guy, Like I said it was from a old cutting I tossed it the dirt years ago, time to replant and get it fat.
tourch.jpg

^^ my torch is starting to grow like that as well..its really fat up until the last foot or so..but its still lokking nice and green and healthy..just not fat enough..I was thinking of turning the end into a cutting soon..

I think mine turned out like that because of bringing it in and out of the house. seems to grow fatter when outside in the summer and skinny in the winter when indoors. Maybe I will get a lamp for this winter.
I had ordered 2 cuttings years ago and was going to use them right away but threw part of one in the planter. I never looked into taking care of it I just watered it every now and then and thought it looked cool. I now have looked into how to take care of them and am going to replant and cut it to start new ones. Then I will try to get them back in shape.

Mr fantasy, do you have any info on those salvia strains? Ive read something about the hoffmans vs wassons but cannot find it. I know there were some differances.
Im finding it hard to get seeds.

Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom