• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Nexus MAPS Presentation [Video]

Migrated topic.

SnozzleBerry

omnia sunt communia!
OG Pioneer
In Search of Entheogenic Molecules: Phytochemical Analysis from the DMT-Nexus

[YOUTUBE]

The DMT-Nexus conducts research to identify the relative abundance of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and β-carboline alkaloids in plant material from around the world. Despite numerous published scientific papers and anecdotal reports indicating the presence of DMT in a wide variety of plants, there is much ambiguity, contradiction, and speculation regarding the actual chemical composition of many of these plants. Discussions of indigenous preparations, which include DMT-containing plants, often treat the phytochemistry of the β-carboline-containing plants as fairly uniform. However, new examinations of these plants, utilizing modern analytical techniques, have shown them to contain a variety of compounds in differing ratios.

The DMT-Nexus conducts research to identify the relative abundance of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and β-carboline alkaloids in plant material from around the world. Despite numerous published scientific papers and anecdotal reports indicating the presence of DMT in a wide variety of plants, there is much ambiguity, contradiction, and speculation regarding the actual chemical composition of many of these plants.

The DMT-Nexus has carried out unique chromatography and mass spectrometry analyses of specimens reported to contain DMT and β-carbolines, from both novel and previously examined species complexes. This research has elucidated questions and hypotheses regarding indigenous botanical preparations, the identities of plants found in the global market of entheogenic vendors, and the phytochemistry of plants that ethnobotanical researchers encounter in their own geographic regions. The significance of this research is that it presents the merging of traditional ethnobotanical knowledge into contemporary scientific contexts, while expanding our phytochemical knowledgebase.

Video at MAPS site

More conference videos

I really like this video and the references made to the Nexus.

well organized, well delivered, and made excellent Nexus references :thumb_up:

I also liked the part at the end about "the war on some people who use certain drugs"

Glad to see a link to it. :thumb_up: times two

That's so cool you got a question from Dennis there at the end. :d

Fantastic presentation. I learned myself a thing or two :thumb_up:

Thank you all for the kind words :)

I can't even begin to articulate how amazing it was to be able to represent this community in "the real world." I hope that we, as a community, will continue to pop up in new and exciting places as we grow in our efforts and membership.

<3

Whoa I stumbled across this independently, thanks for the spot of publicity at 1:30 man, that's really awesome of you, and I'm really enjoying the vid so far :thumb_up:

Thanks Orion, I just stumbled upon your comment and it made my day :)

You know I've been thrilled to make use of your art in the various projects that have come out of the Nexus. You just can't beat the aesthetic sensation of people who have really been there, imo.

Back
Top Bottom