• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

One month harmala experiment

Hello and welcome!

This is something several of us here have tried too, so I'm looking forward to your journal.

I did a six week long daily rue brew 'dieta' a while back, starting with a lower dose and slowly ramping it up with a daily increment determined by the date, and then half way through ramping it down via a similar numerological process (just for fun 😊). What seemed to me to be among the most useful of insights from the process was honing my optimal dose quite precisely. It seemed, also, that the exact effects could vary depending on the time of day the dose was taken, which is something I intend to explore more thoroughly in the future. Perhaps you could include that type of information in your logs here too?

How have you decided your dosage level? I guess one tsp is at least convenient, although I would recommend weighing your seeds at little more precisely, at least to the 0.1g level of accuracy, to gain insight about your personal dosage levels. To be fair, when I make a brew I generally use a standard kitchen scoop measure which contains 5mL volume, rather than an actual teaspoon. The 5mL scoop contains 2.8g of (my current batch of) seeds.

Bear in mind, also, that the effects will tend to accumulate with that dose on a daily basis. How familiar are you with the effects of Syrian rue, particularly with higher doses, at this point?

Hello and welcome!

This is something several of us here have tried too, so I'm looking forward to your journal.

I did a six week long daily rue brew 'dieta' a while back, starting with a lower dose and slowly ramping it up with a daily increment determined by the date, and then half way through ramping it down via a similar numerological process (just for fun 😊). What seemed to me to be among the most useful of insights from the process was honing my optimal dose quite precisely. It seemed, also, that the exact effects could vary depending on the time of day the dose was taken, which is something I intend to explore more thoroughly in the future. Perhaps you could include that type of information in your logs here too?

How have you decided your dosage level? I guess one tsp is at least convenient, although I would recommend weighing your seeds at little more precisely, at least to the 0.1g level of accuracy, to gain insight about your personal dosage levels. To be fair, when I make a brew I generally use a standard kitchen scoop measure which contains 5mL volume, rather than an actual teaspoon. The 5mL scoop contains 2.8g of (my current batch of) seeds.

Bear in mind, also, that the effects will tend to accumulate with that dose on a daily basis. How familiar are you with the effects of Syrian rue, particularly with higher doses, at this point?
Been thinking about something like this. Did you notice any improved mood over time, or any other interesting subjective effects? So far Ive only taken rue as part of Aya analogs (and changa)

Been thinking about something like this. Did you notice any improved mood over time, or any other interesting subjective effects? So far Ive only taken rue as part of Aya analogs (and changa)
I think the six week rue diet was a foundation stone to my current phase of personal (spiritual?) development. It may be hard to tease apart from simply chilling out with age, but continuing with phase of harmala usage, including the present 6+ months of near-daily sublingual dosing has left me feeling grounded and (generally) positive while still being able to contemplate all the difficult things about human life. I also do it for specific health reasons, wherein I do appear to remain healthy after a decade or two of persistent conditions which have at present abated.

I think the six week rue diet was a foundation stone to my current phase of personal (spiritual?) development. It may be hard to tease apart from simply chilling out with age, but continuing with phase of harmala usage, including the present 6+ months of near-daily sublingual dosing has left me feeling grounded and (generally) positive while still being able to contemplate all the difficult things about human life. I also do it for specific health reasons, wherein I do appear to remain healthy after a decade or two of persistent conditions which have at present abated.
Thank you for sharing :)

Looking forward to hearing your results. I also take harmalas sublingually daily (sometimes 2x a day) at the moment so it will be good to see how your experiences line up with mine.

I started with 1day harmala on/off. I was taking the amount that I would get some body load. No clear amounts. The first effects were that I couldn't use my ligical brain a lot, I was more intuned with my body, stomach tention and a feel of anxiety, especially in the afternoons. I would just lie in bed and observe it.
I had a conflict with my partner and instead of going to the verbal conflict, I withdrew and worked on my body sensations. I visualised myself as a small boy, he was out in the rain, I had a conversation with me-boy. After I asked him what do you want? It opened many ways to work on my defence mechanisms.
After about 3 weeks ago I started to add DMT, as mimosa brew. Same amount of harmala. It didn't give me body load nor I had any visuals. In that state I did yoga, played hanging on my gymnastics rings, improvised nonsense body moves and did baby walk on the floor and some movements of animal walk, never took training of that. But I played with my body for about 2 hours with all techniques mentioned, no music since I wanted to listen to the ambience sounds and connect with the environment.
Today a day after I did my zen practice and I could see how much the mind is moving.

Overall I feel that it reduced the action of the left side of the brain, I couldn't or didn't want to look at narratives... Also emotionally I am more aware, and anxiousness is down.

So that's for now best
Yu

Back
Top Bottom