• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

One World Government

Migrated topic.

Cheeto

Rising Star
No, this is not a conspiracy, just a discussion.

Is one world government really such a bad idea?

I used to think so, but i'm not so sure now. Think about the problems it could solve, war being the biggest. If the globe was united under one government we would not have a need to invest or waste so much money on developing tools for war, many global conflicts could very possibly fade out, no country would owe any other money, as we would be one. You would have many people that would be against it, but really, for what purpose?

We in america have a huge government, but individuality still exists on a large scale. Ofcourse the government needs to wise up and not try to make all drugs illegal, and education needs to be a main concern...our childrean are our future. In my current view, even crack should be legal, but education on how dangerous it is should be well addressed in school, as with other drugs. The real pros and cons of all drugs, and should be completely restricted for younger people.

There should be programs for helping fight drug addiction and to help you get back on your feet, but where do you draw the line on how many times one person could get this help. A good idea i've been thinking about is, if your deeply addicted and have no job to pay for the help your getting, and show signs of repeated abuse even after being helped, you should be placed in a job where you can pay your debt back to society, kinda like a jail, but with much better. Housed in government buildings with freedoms still, given food, and a job. If you still refuse then the security of you should be bumped up higher, not so many freedoms for a matter of years. Drop the tight security and see if you can maintain a healthy life, if so, then you can be let back into the wild(Freedom).

People that can't find jobs should be placed in a global program to find somewhere you can work to earn a living, and not a poor one. The poorist people should be decently paid, so they do not have to go hungry or without power and on and on. If you have no skills, you should get a choice in skills they can train you in for areas that we need workers, then place you in a job. But in a fair way, not a job that takes all your time, you should never be over worked unless it is your choice. This would also leave room for you to have the time to goto school for any other skill you may want, while not being greatly over worked.

You should have the choice to not work at all if thats what you want, but, if you wish to receive any kind of government help then you must get a job or be placed in one but still your choice of what job depending on whats needed.

One of the biggest things that could help us all come together in a one world government is the end of war, with this you can end all the secrecy that arouses suspicion, any person would have the freedom to get any information concerning the government or any other matter other than personal information, to make sure things are all fair. Democracy should continue, we should vote on a world leader in the same manner we do now, only we can make sure its fair, with the freedom to get any information.

If we are going to come together, then face it, we need to come together. I think not matter what it will eventually be seen as the smartest idea yet, and once united our accomplishments as a whole would be far greater than seperate. Think about it, in a group of scientists, what works best, one trying to do it on his own, or a team there to help out.

I wonder if we could do with one world government, if formed on libertarian principles and designed with lots of built in safeguards. It's the only way of tackling the numerous problems of exploitation in globalisation, and ending war itself, in my opinion.

It could work a bit like the European government... countries would have their own governments, and would have elected members in the World Government too. The European government is great, it keeps forcing the UK government and the big businesses it serves to not exploit workers so badly, thanks to the Health and Safety laws, worktime directives, Human Rights etc. I am so grateful that the UK is now part of Europe. Similarly, the World Government would deal with big stuff using directives, and the national governments would translate these directives into their own laws and deal with smaller issues themselves.

Sure there could be problems with unsavouries wrangling for control, but I can't imagine it getting worse than it is now, with the Amerikan Empire behind the scenes bullying the rest of the world into performing it's will. Fortunately countries like Mexico, Peru and Bolivia are beginning to dare to defy Amerika.

ohayoco said:
It could work a bit like the European government... countries would have their own governments, and would have elected members in the World Government too. The European government is great, it keeps forcing the UK government and the big businesses it serves to not exploit workers so badly, thanks to the Health and Safety laws, worktime directives, Human Rights etc. I am so grateful that the UK is now part of Europe. Similarly, the World Government would deal with big stuff using directives, and the national governments would translate these directives into their own laws and deal with smaller issues themselves.

Dunno about the european government being great, I mean they elect a president without a public vote, run lots of laws through without having public votes, isnt that great from where Im sitting. Also it would mean even fewer people controlling even more people, and who are these people going to be? The usual bunch of bankers and global elite who have ruled for years, their not going to let go of the power they already have, would suit the global elite right down to the ground to have a one world government, easier to control and manipulate.

Yes, see thats a point i would like to discuss. The elite ones would actually have less control in a system where all information was made public, anyone not allowing there information to the public would be up for ivestagation, as it would be against the law. With no war, there is absolutely no room for secrecy, the elite may think they want one world government, but if done in a democratic manner which most people would want, they would not have control of anything other than there money. Everything would be up to the voters with limits, a new constitution would need to be wrote protecting freedom of information and personal choice. Drugs should not be illegal, but the right to sell them should be.

If everyone is looked after by there government, hunger could be a thing of the past, everyone guaranteed some kind of work with decent pay would end the need for illeagal activity such as selling drugs other than for medical use ofcourse. Some may still attempt it, but laws will squash them out. The main thing that drives drug sales is people needing money because they can't survive without it, and we don't really offer much help to people that can't support themselves. Giving them money is pointless, give them skills and a job and they help themselves.

I believe that all the laws should really be part of the well thought out constitution that is built for freedom and public decisions. You should not have a group of people voting for things that go against personal choice, like drugs. The public decisions should mainly concern things like the voting system, things our government should invest in and the government programs created to help people out in all feilds.

The biggest problem we have today is that the criminal elite can move between jurisdictions to evade any laws that restrict their exploitative plans, playing one country off against another. Governments are reticent to make positive employment laws for fear of no longer being 'competitive'- this is why the UK government fought against EU employment and Health & Safety laws.

Hence Nike products made by child labour in the developing world then legally shipped to America, or Coca Cola plant managers murdering trade unionists abroad. War criminals such as Mengele (The Nazi "Angel of Death" harboured in Paraguay) would never have evaded capture under a world government, nor would murdering dictators such as Pinochet or Mugabe. Dictatorships would disappear. People such as this cause far more human misery than a democratic world government ever could, in my eyes.

But all this pales in comparison with one fact: with one democratic world government, war would be significantly reduced. There is no war within the EU, within geographical Europe yes but not within the EU which I think is significant, and I don't believe there would be national wars fought under a similar (and improved, Infinite I!) world government. An end to war. The criminal elite will always be trying to make money somehow... but with one government wars between nations would no longer be a strategy they could take. This would be an enormous step forward for humanity.

I am in no doubt that we are heading this way... if the inability of our divided selfish leaderships to work together over climate change doesn't finish us off first. We are all one planet, we should start thinking of ourselves as citizens of the world.

Oh I just remembered, there is a downside to world government- for example, if a world government had the same attitude as the Amerikan one, then Portugal, Mexico etc would not have been able to defy its draconian drug laws. Imagine if the right wing got voted into world government somehow. I don't know, it's a toughie, stay as we are, or join together and end war but give up the ability to emigrate if things go wrong. I don't think politicians have a clue which would be better either...

ohayoco said:
Imagine if the right wing got voted into world government somehow. I don't know, it's a toughie, stay as we are, or join together and end war but give up the ability to emigrate if things go wrong. I don't think politicians have a clue which would be better either...

This is exactly what would happen if it did happen. Elections are rigged all the time. The people in control would only allow it to happen this way, and as I said they wont give up their power so easily, if they did it would be on their terms. Of course what you guys are saying is positive, but imo it aint going to happen in a nice way that you want. Evil people are in control and they intend to keep it that way, a one world government would be a good thing for them. Would they have an army? Probably! Who would this army fight then? The people of course! Na imo bad idea!

Infinite I said:
ohayoco said:
Imagine if the right wing got voted into world government somehow. I don't know, it's a toughie, stay as we are, or join together and end war but give up the ability to emigrate if things go wrong. I don't think politicians have a clue which would be better either...

This is exactly what would happen if it did happen. Elections are rigged all the time. The people in control would only allow it to happen this way, and as I said they wont give up their power so easily, if they did it would be on their terms. Of course what you guys are saying is positive, but imo it aint going to happen in a nice way that you want. Evil people are in control and they intend to keep it that way, a one world government would be a good thing for them. Would they have an army? Probably! Who would this army fight then? The people of course! Na imo bad idea!

You can't really say that it would happen this way, as we evolve in intelligence it will become very clear what we need to do to ensure survival. I know the world is corrupt, but that dosen't mean it always will be.

The people would make up that army, people hardly fight for something they don't believe in, and its obvious that most people don't believe in killing people for wanting to be free. But they would not even need an army, with no war there is no army. Small police and investagators. Ofcourse, i'm looking only at the positive side and how it could work as a benifit. You can always say that bad shit will happen, but are people really that evil, some can be, but not most people. If people get tired of shit they will rebel, but if they didn't win, all that would be left is those people that agree, then life can start to head in a positive way. Anyway, the whole idea is alot better than the current, filled with wasted money on warcraft and conflict between nations, at least people wouldn't constantly die by the hands of others, i would hope anyway. And really you got to be positive, if not whats the purpose to continue on, why not just give up now and kill yourself, you don't because of hope, eventually we will come together in peace or die in missery, who wouldn't want the peace.

Back
Top Bottom