• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Phalaris Brachystachy Sprouts - Step 1 for Grass Spice

Migrated topic.

Jorkest

so here are some pictures of the first stages of growing brachystachy...they germinated much faster than i expected(heat pad did wonders)

once these little guys get about 6 inches tall i can do my first harvest from them..and ill probably give them a shot of some food...but not too much because too much food reduces the alkaloid content...

once it gets warm enough my plan is to plant these pots outside somewhere nice...and start a nice patch...:)

also not ALL the seeds have germinated yet...only id say..like 1/10th..maybe less...so these patches will be much denser soon

Attachments

• phal.JPG
    phal.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • phal2.JPG
    phal2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm definetly following this as well..I have grown this grass but an unexpcted frost killed it outright..you prolly know this jorkest bt brakystachys is very frost sensitive....I haven't tested my clippings yet..should do that soon...the phalaris arundinacea 'turkey red' strain I grew years back was increadibly potent!! an aya brew using an ounce of that grass was almost tooo much!! fetal position time for about an hour!!lol 5-meo is crazy intense!!

jorkest: have you ever made an extract from brachystachy before..if so i'd like to know the results, as in was the experience mostly 5meo or was it mostly nn? anyone else ever grow this plant and experiment with it?
looks liieke its pretty common here in california...I found one patch thts quite large.

I hope your growing goes well. You're gonna need a lot of grass to get any decent yields, but I am anxioulsy awaiting your final results.

I've heard some good thigns about Brachystachy, but most of it was from 1 or 2 vendors trying to sell their seeds. A first hand report from a fellow Nexonian would be most welcome!

I'd absolutly love to be able to use grass. Let's hope it has a clean of a profile as the vendor's originally said. I'd hate to learn that there is 5-meo-dmt in it and that it alters the experience.

Sunlight or light is required for germination of phalaris. Don't cover the seeds with soil... so they can get direct light either natural or artificial.. this will make a huge difference. Also cover with saran wrap to create a greenhouse humid environment then when they sprout, remove the clear wrap and place a bit of soil around the bases to give support.

P. brac is by far one of the hardest strains to grow, also it does not grow by runners which is a pain although they will form little patches.

Excellent! Just a bit farther than my friend's brachystachys. Though his Big Medicine is already touching the lamp :) Looks like there will be a ton more info on this stuff real soon!

I haven't looked deeply into Phalaris cultivation and alkaloid content. But i would like to ask those that have,
which strain would be considered more suitable for these practices:

Phalaris aquatica/tuberosa Vs Phalaris Aruninacea?

Im in northern Europe, and im sure there is plenty of the stuff around.

Just a hint, If you've got cats make sure they stay away from your sprouts. Last week my cats devastated my sprouts, must have eaten 3/4s of them...

It took mine around 1-3 weeks to germinate, depending on the light and how hot it is. Also, if you clip your plants often and early they will generally start producing seeds early. I would suggest clipping the first plants and letting them go to seed, so the new sprouts will fill in whatever tray you're using.

As far as I know the pharalis was harvested and purified ... and yeilded it's 3% dmt with some 5-meo-dmt in it too. I remember the picture.

Back
Top Bottom