• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Pharmahuasca: Tweaking the experience

Migrated topic.

bringeroflight

Rising Star
Hi all,

swim has been wondering lately about how he may 'tweak' his pharma highs with the use of admixture herbs. The reason swim has gotten to wondering about this is because he has always very much enjoyed his pharma experiences, but feels he could make them even better if he could find out what herbs might negate the drowsiness he often encounters when taking DMT and rue alkaloids. One obvious remedy that swim thought of is eliminating harmaline from the combination, but swim often finds that even DMT in itself can be quite sedating (harmine isn't particularly stimulating for that matter either).

So for swim's personal interests, he'd like to know what herbs may be incorporated in to a pharma dosage to counteract any sedation that he may encounter during a trip. Swim loves pharma, he just wants to awaken the experience a bit and bring a little more clarity to the mix. In other words, SWIM is searching for plant combinations that will bring him his ideal pharma high (he knows he's close, he just hasn't quite pinned down the ghost yet).

Swim's personal needs aside, he would be happy to see this thread become a gathering point of any info at all that exists on the matter of plant synergies pertaining particularly to pharma. If any of you Nexians out there have any experience in using admixture herbs (extracts or whole plants, doesn't matter) to offset a pharma high in any certain way, please share it here!!

And also, sorry if this has already been covered in various other threads (probably has), but I wasn't able to track many of them down. I also thought it might be helpful to consolidate the discussion in to a single thread anyhow, if possible.

I get that sleepiness too as I use rue as well, but apparently all those folks in the caapi boat don't seem to have that sleepiness effect. I forget the name of the chemical, I think it start's with a 'v', but it's that chemical in the rue that makes you sleepy. Usually the way for me to cure the sleepiness is to smoke some DMT on top of the pharma trip. This usually projects me to a level where you couldn't remember what sleepy was if you tried.

Vinpocetine, derived from periwinkles, is mentally stimulating.

I like to use piracetam/aniracetam for clarity.

Pycnogenol, an extract of pine bark, gives me a subtle energetic zing.

I don't know if there's any reason the above shouldn't be used as admixtures.
I just acquired a blood pressure monitor to better keep track of vitals while testing unknown mixtures. The aforementioned three are atop my list, as I find them very beneficial yet unobtrusive in an unaltered state.

Usually the way for me to cure the sleepiness is to smoke some DMT on top of the pharma trip. This usually projects me to a level where you couldn't remember what sleepy was if you tried.

Well, here's the thing- swim likes to use these plants to enhance his creative sessions, for which a full-on hyperspatial immersion is a bit overkill.

I get that sleepiness too as I use rue as well, but apparently all those folks in the caapi boat don't seem to have that sleepiness effect. I forget the name of the chemical, I think it start's with a 'v', but it's that chemical in the rue that makes you sleepy.

caapi feels as sedating as rue to me.

swim too, finds caapi rather sedating. Don't get swim wrong, he loves all these plants and what they do- but he would like to be a bit more energized for his creative sessions.

Vinpocetine, derived from periwinkles, is mentally stimulating.

I like to use piracetam/aniracetam for clarity.

Pycnogenol, an extract of pine bark, gives me a subtle energetic zing.

I don't know if there's any reason the above shouldn't be used as admixtures.
I just acquired a blood pressure monitor to better keep track of vitals while testing unknown mixtures. The aforementioned three are atop my list, as I find them very beneficial yet unobtrusive in an unaltered state.

Wow, great suggestions. I looked up some of those ingredients, and they sound like they could work. Now to consider contraindication- have you tried any of these together with MAOI's or DMT? swim feels he should do a bit more research on the combo before he subjects himself to it in low doses to start with. None the less, these suggestions do sound like they could hold some promise for swim.

I may have tried all of them combined a while ago but I didn't take notes.

Another thought: has anyone tried using rhodiola rosea extract in place of harmalas?

Back
Top Bottom