• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Post-Exercise experience

Migrated topic.

The Unknowing

Life is a dream, the heart a compass
Hi guys,

I've been getting pretty serious into intense weight training for almost a year now, and what I've noticed is that when I work myself to exhaustion and sit still in my car I get a mild psychedelic experience. It's very clear and relaxed, and in-my-head (reminds me of MJ).
It's actually quite enjoyable but lasts only about 5-10 minutes.

Has anyone noticed such a thing?

Please share your experiences :)

OneEye

I had no idea! That's awsome! Hope I don't get pulled over after exercising and get drug tested.

(I apologize for my hopeless humour)

I notice on the drive home from my workout that music sounds slower and I have real peace of mind.

Endorphins rock.

Yeah, it's endorphins, including endocannabinoids like anandamide. That's one of the reasons that smoking cannabis after a workout is so nice. You have that little extra mood-lift.

For some people, it's seriously addicting. Other people don't seem to get it at all. Bodies are funny.

~ND

I used to get that at the showers and steam room after working out, I actually enjoyed the gym just for that.

There are serotonin related effects too though I´m not sure if it is related to that feeling you have or if it´s a paralel process. Uptake of tryptophan through the blood brain barrier increases with exercise, and this can increase the serotonin levels.

Probably many more brain chemistry elements involved, plus other levels of reward which also play a role in the `feel good` aspect of post-exercise. I love it too, I feel like strenous exercise can really change one´s life for better in major ways :)

Cannabiodis get stored in the fat, when the fet gets used it releases it, maybe other molecules too get stored as well. Nathanial.Dread this is so true, what is it that some people get it and some don'tt.

but I think it is depression and correct introduction. Depressed people feel bad when their bodies get stressed. Trainer is fundamental for biginners, that's why in-gym trainers do no good, semi educated with no real knowledge and passion for work out.

What you guys think?

You get healthier and you get high off the endorphins, what's not to love? All about finding the exercise that you enjoy doing - for me, it's cycling :D

Not sure as to what intensity level you guys are exercising, but doesn't too much cause an increase in free-radicals and inflammation? Sure you can produce extra endorphins and endocannabinoids, but at what cost?

Seems like moderation is important here...

Here's a photo of me, post exercise . . . I'm still not good enough, got to get bigger . . .

Attachments

• extreme_bodybuilder.jpg
    extreme_bodybuilder.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom