• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Preferred Caapi Soil

Migrated topic.

Once

Rising Star
I just recieved a small rooted cielo caapi plant yesterday. I am very excited to begin my relationship with this great plant! Currently the vine is in the small plastic tub in which it was shipped, in a saturated unidentified soil mix. I live in a high desert environment which can get cold in the winter, I belive that I will have to take special care of this plant to help it thrive here. I was wondering if any of the gardeners on the nexus have recommended soil that they find effective for growing caapi indoors? I figured I would leave her in the pot she came in for a while to let her adjust to the new environment. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Once

something that drains well and is light, you can fertilize every couple of weeks

they can go dormant over the winter but dont worry they come back in the spring especially if they are woody

Thanks Wade,

Right now she is sitting in my awesome huge sw facing window between my Heavenly Blues and my Trichocerus. It looks like Heavenly Products has given me a very nice little vine. It has established quite a bit of woody growth and has many leafy branches. I am hoping to get her well adjusted in the next few months before winter comes. I think I will let her stay in the shipping pot until next spring. I'm really excited for this new project!
I've also got some fresh vine coming soon which I am hoping will root for me.

Thanks
Once

This is a great idea! Let's see if my wife will donate a few more square yards of the back yard to the next project.....

Pau,

I see your avatar has traded one of his Cacti for a vine! He's got quite a combo going there.

My little caapi was grown from seed in a mixture of ordinary organic compost and perlite with a little bokashi. She's kept pretty well watered with rainwater and now boasts the grand total of 8 leaves with a couple more just sprouting.

I've heard they like a fair amount of nitrogen - mine gets a little bokashi tea in it's water every so often and seems to be thriving on it.

Good luck with your gardening :)

Back
Top Bottom