• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

problem with my mimosa rue brew has anyone seen this

Migrated topic.

anabolic_hippie

Rising Star
i made a strong rue extract did the tao of rue extraction except at the end i kept it in liquid in an acidic solution, then i made a strong mimosa brew and decided to mix the rue in with the mimosa and it looked like all the alks crashed out they were both acidic i have never seen this before, why did this happen.

Unless you added a base, alkaloids did not crash. Must be some other plant impurities precipitating. You could filter away from that, keep the liquid, do another wash on the precipitates to remove any remaining alkaloids trapped in it, filter that and add the liquid together with the rest of brew.

yah i was going to try that, the rue brew as very clean and the mimosa was very clean too and whats sitting on the bottom of the brew is a tan color, very weird. thank you

In any case don't throw anything away yet.

BTW harmala alkaloids can precipitate out without basing, when you add a lot of chloride ions to the solution. Perhaps there are other combinations that also have this effect. I've also read on this forum long time ago that even DMT can be salted out of a water solution.

Had this exact thing happen this is the only post I could find similar. Had a mimosa extract that was clean been sitting days, and a syrian extract also clean. Both were dark in color but as soon as I mixed the two it turned a tan chocolate color and couple inches of a tan sediment now at the bottom. And now my mixed solution is very light watery lost its dark color. any idea why its reacting so weird?

I have a jar of PHS/ACRB/MHRB/THC that I brewed about a year ago, it's been in the back of my fridge since, there is a thick layer of sediment at the bottom, however, most brews will develop sediment when you let them sit...

Sediment should be expected, however if it's a salt, you may have something other than standard sediment.

In one case some ayahuasca was seized from a Santo daime member at an airport, the brew was GC/MS'd

. We received a request to analyze and determine the nature of a dark green liquid with a dark brown plant sediment, which the police had seized at an airport and inside the home of a person belonging to the 'Santo Daime' religious movement. Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis of the extract identified N,N-dimethyltryptamine, a potent hallucinogen, and the beta-carboline alkaloids harmine and harmaline, revealing monoamine oxidase A-inhibiting properties. These substances are typical components of Ayahuasca, a South American psychotropic beverage obtained by boiling the bark of the liana Banisteriopsis caapi together with the leaves of various admixture plants, principally Psychotria viridis.

-eg

The sediment is composed of a number of things.

After I brew, I filter very thoroughly, and after sitting sediment may still form.

I have also found removing this sediment can affect potency of the brew, I always shake the brews which have sediment build up before serving...

Some say the sediment causes negative physical effects.

An analysis of yagé sediment would be interesting.

"Pectin" in peganum harmala
The carbohydrate complex of the epigeal part ofPeganum harmala L. includes mono- and oligosaccharides, water-soluble polysaccharides, hemicelluloses, and an acidic polysaccharide similar to the pectin substances of higher plants. It is based on a fragment constructed of α-1→4-linked D-galacturonic acid residues in the pyranose form.
Carbohydrates of Peganum harmala - Chemistry of Natural Compounds

-eg

Back
Top Bottom