• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Problems with Nexus script?

Migrated topic.
Infundibulum said:
it seems for me and few other that the nexus cannot read quotations and other stuff like smiles so its all text.

anyone else have it?
I have the problem in firefox ubuntu and firefox XP.

There was a problem with the nexus indeed, it seems one of the worker threads killed itself so no markup was parsed. It should work again now.

on my firefox - it takes me forever to log in, the functionalty of the button dissapears after i get an error - aegle has this on her pc too.

Yes i was going to report the same... cant read the quotes sometimes and when that happens the smileys are also gone... i also get 404 or 503 errors while trying to open the website. I dont know if its because of the server forum located on but it can become frustrating sumtimes :p also theres a bug i noticed when you are searching some part of forum and pass to the 3rd page for example to see the threads there and then select "show topics" for example two days ago it shows nothin.. so you have to select a time period when you are on the first page of topics. It would be nice if it was redirecting to first page of the list before doing the time check :)

In the past week I've had the Quotes not work correctly as well.

Also, I noticed that when I click the post number, so it will be reflected when I make a link to that post from the "http://" line, the link no longer takes you to the exact post I linked to, only the top of the page it's on.

Here is an example, this link should take you to post #15 in a thread about Virola resin. But it only takes you to the top of the page now.

WS

warrensaged said:
Also, I noticed that when I click the post number, so it will be reflected when I make a link to that post from the "http://" line, the link no longer takes you to the exact post I linked to, only the top of the page it's on.

Here is an example, this link should take you to post #15 in a thread about Virola resin. But it only takes you to the top of the page now.
Thats one I have to fix. It's a result of splitting some links to Anoniem.org, this will prolly be fixed tonight.

Phlux- said:
loads of members have problems logging in.

Thats strange. Again I tested with FF 3.5 and logging in/out is no problem at all.

Can you please provide which users and what OS/Browser they use?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler

I have noticed that if i delete a post and than i post a post just after that deleted post that my details do not appear on the far left hand side other than my name Aegle. Its not a big thing just was wondering if it could be fixed. One other enquiry is if i delete a post cant there be an option to permanently delete that post so it no longer is present as post was deleted by user in the thread. Thank you.

Much Peace

Aegle said:
The Traveler

I have noticed that if i delete a post and than i post a post just after that deleted post that my details do not appear on the far left hand side other than my name Aegle. Its not a big thing just was wondering if it could be fixed. One other enquiry is if i delete a post cant there be an option to permanently delete that post so it no longer is present as post was deleted by user in the thread. Thank you.

Much Peace

The deleted message stub will only show to administrators, moderators, and the owner of the deleted message.

I have to look into your other issue.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

warrensaged said:

This has been fixed now.

After researching all the settings on the webserver I found out that the maximum queue length was set to 1000. When the queue is full new requests will receive a 503 "Service Unavailable" response.

Due to the rapid growth of the DMT-Nexus it seems we are hitting that spot more and more. I've set the queue length to the maximum of 65536 now. Until the new server arrives that will give us some spare room. ;)

The Traveler said:
After researching all the settings on the webserver I found out that the maximum queue length was set to 1000. When the queue is full new requests will receive a 503 "Service Unavailable" response.

Due to the rapid growth of the DMT-Nexus it seems we are hitting that spot more and more. I've set the queue length to the maximum of 65536 now. Until the new server arrives that will give us some spare room. ;)

Nice work thanks :) ehehe

The Traveler said:
The deleted message stub will only show to administrators, moderators, and the owner of the deleted message.

I have to look into your other issue.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Why thank you Traveler. :d

Much Peace

Ive been recently noticing that when looking into the active threads, that the last poster is actualy not the last poster.

So is this what happens when you delete your post? Or is it just a glitch in the system?

^^yes I have realized this as well..I was wondering what was going on..and checked the times of the last poster listed in active threads and the actual time of the last post in the thread, and the times match up..so I dont think posts are missing, just the name of the posters are being mixed up.

When I'm searching for someone's older posts, I don't get everything, just some of them (the last N where the number N is a function of ?).

Is this the intended behaviour so that nobody can be "spied" upon or something?

I would be really interested in what Antrocles had posted since his beginning day for example.

Something really strange happened I edited my location just the other day and today it reverted back to my previous location. Very strange indeed???

Much Peace

gammagore said:
Ive been recently noticing that when looking into the active threads, that the last poster is actualy not the last poster.

I posted here in this thread last, Fave Online Docu's

And under Active Discussions this is what shows:
[Fave Online Docu's by 'Coatl (Hyperspace Tavern) Today at 5:23:25 PM]

Back
Top Bottom