• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Question for Meditation Experts and Harmala

josboaz

Esteemed member
Donator
Hello,

I was wondering if there are folks out here who meditate regularly and thus have extreme focus ability, such as single-point concentration.
Which makes them able to have no thoughts for a prolonged duration. I notice that every time that I take Harmala my thoughts will wander and I'm not able to focus for longer than 2 minutes.

When I refer to Harmala I mean only Harmala and not other plants such as DMT/mushrooms etc. I'm interested to hear if there is anyone out there who meditates regularly and can keep his/her focus while taking Harmala. I guess the dosage might also play a role, I typically hear that 3gr is enough for a single Harmala dose, and I would assume that most folks will take that dose. But I do find that, that dose for a Harmala-only brew is a bit too low. Normally I will take around 10gr-15gr.

I meditate pretty regularly with harmalas, typically smoalked with cannabis. Usually between 40 and 50mg if I drink rue, the range is between 3 and 5g.

There are points where I experience an "absence of thought," but it isn't always a goal. When it is an aim, it usually comes about through my consistently making the choice to fall inward, or when I use any of a number of breathing practices. Over time, once acclimated, I find that I can consistently enter hypnagogic trance states. In these states I can experience total absence of thought where I'm just being, but sometimes it's almost like a dream consisting of thoughts at present and beneath the surface of conscious thought of mind.

You have a high threshold if 10-15g is what is sufficient for you. 🤯

One love

You have a high threshold if 10-15g is what is sufficient for you. 🤯
Well, that is based on my current type of brews, I measure around 20gr (unpowdered) and cook it in a normal pan with the lid on top of it with 700ml of water for 40 minutes. Reduce it to about 200ml and add soy milk to it. Which will mask the taste, however, it will also dilute the effects. I used to brew 40g (unpowdered) in a pressure cooker with 1l water for 45 minutes, reduce it to 200ml, and just take shots. Which was way more powerful, but the taste was awful. I know you add honey to it, but I never tried it. Might as well try honey at one point.

Hi josboaz.

I usually play harmalas sublingual, I think they're more efficient like this and don't last as much as a brew. I put a tea spoon of rue seeds in my mouth, chew them and swish them around, then I keep them under my tongue for half an hour - fourtyfive minutes.

Usually rue tends to center and ground me, toughts become more still and tend to wander less, but on the other hand I'm a regular meditator.

I also agree with voidmatrix, that absence of thoughts isn't always the goal, usually it's the beginning stages that are like that, after a bit I tend to enter a trance full of hypnagogic imagery and visions, like dreaming but being fully conscious. I use the breathe too to control this states.

On the topic of rue taste, I really love it, but I think you've got to analyze the taste and get used to it. Try adding a bit of vanilla, it synergises with the taste in a wonderful way.

I have a question: do you think that meditation raises levels of endogenous maois?? I think maois and meditation to be strongly linked but I can't find any article on the net.

Maybe your thpugts wander because the dose is too high. Try exploring lower realms.

☀️

On the topic of rue taste, I really love it, but I think you've got to analyze the taste and get used to it. Try adding a bit of vanilla, it synergises with the taste in a wonderful way.
I will test out the vanilla, thanks for the tip
I have a question: do you think that meditation raises levels of endogenous maois?? I think maois and meditation to be strongly linked but I can't find any article on the net.
I have actually no idea about that one, sorry
Maybe your thpugts wander because the dose is too high. Try exploring lower realms.
Yes that is certainly true, but I do like the higher doses as I find lower dose levels do not bring forth the familiar rue feeling. When I take a lower dose I just feel kinda sober. With the higher dose, it does begin to feel a bit like the lower spectrum of shrooms but not that immersive. In the sense that the emotions get clouded. Referring to the P. cubensis strains. That's also a part of the fact that I like to take rue only brews, Freebase DMT, DMT plants, and shrooms do decrease the level of control in a way (mentally & emotionally). I guess dosage plays a huge role in it.

On the topic of rue taste, I really love it, but I think you've got to analyze the taste and get used to it. Try adding a bit of vanilla, it synergises with the taste in a wonderful way
This also works great with ginger, when I make cats claw tea it's by nature pretty bitter.

But with ginger added to it, it suddenly turns into something like "a bit quirky but somehow delightful".

Same with mint in Changa that will mask almost any distracting smell.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom