• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Ratios- when making changa and when dosing

Migrated topic.

Ice House

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
I was hoping someone could help me understand a thing or two about making Changa and dosing.

Actually I probably just need a lesson in basic math! lol

My last few batches my procedure is as follows-

I take 10 grams of caapi leaf and 10 grams of ground up vine and soak it in about 6oz of 99%IPA. I usually soak for a few weeks. shaking once or twice a day.

I then decant the bright, dark green IPA off, I filter and squeeze out the residual IPA from the leaf vine pulp.

I then take this liquid and I warm it up in a hot water bath I dissolve in it a gram of spice.

I then add a gram of cappi leaf. I shake this up in a jar and let soak for a couple of days.

I then evap off the IPA and the final dried changa is my product.

It seems that since I started using this method of making changa when I weigh out 60mg I'm not getting a 30mg dosing. Thats the way it feels.

I'm always very accurate when it comes to my dosing.

It dawned on me recently that I am getting more into my caapi leaf from the vine and 10grams of leaf so this must be accounting for why 60mgs of changa isnt delivering a 30mg voyage? dose this make sense?

I guess I should have been weighing my changa once its completely done so I know the weight of the extra harmalas in there? Or am I making more out of this than need be?

Maybe I just need to start smoking more? Tolerance maybe?

By the way I am SWIM.

lol

yeah I would weight it all after just to be sure..

I also find with changa that the last hit if I just stick the flame right on it after it all seems to be vaped there is still some there..

Don't forget that the dissolved alkaloids can add anywhere from 20%-50% extra weight after evaporation. You can solve this by evaping onto caapi leaf without spice then reweigh the resulting enhanced leaf. Now you can infuse with an accurate amount of spice. The extra step is well worth it :)

HAPPY TRAVELS ¤

There must be a significant amount of alks that transfer over from the IPA soak. The only way to tell is to weigh the final product, subtract the leaf and the Spice amount you added and you should be left with the amount of alks that were pulled by the IPA.

Or smoke more:)

professor8 said:
Don't forget that the dissolved alkaloids can add anywhere from 20%-50% extra weight after evaporation. You can solve this by evaping onto caapi leaf without spice then reweigh the resulting enhanced leaf. Now you can infuse with an accurate amount of spice. The extra step is well worth it :)

HAPPY TRAVELS ¤

Just like I figured. I do need to find the weight of the added alkaloids by weighing before adding spice. Thanks for the reminder.

It will help if you just make your 10/10x vine/caapi leaf first and let it dry. Then 1:1 that with your spice. That way you know its exact. Swim usually does .5-10x caapi/.5-assorted additives : 1. Spice

Back
Top Bottom