• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Reuse of Solvents in 69ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Tek

Migrated topic.
I've simple reused the d-limonene. I would guess you can wash it with water also, not sure it would be very beneficial since you kind of already "wash" it when recovering mescaline salt from it.

Not sure about MEK. You use that to wash mescaline acetate/salt, right? You probably want to at least dry it. Not sure it is worth to reuse since wash volume should be low.

Thanks! Glad to hear there isn't anything extra to do with the d-limonene. Yes MEK is dry, I figured the MEK was a lost cause since it's such a low quantity. I just hate wasting material if I can avoid it 8)

Is is possible to do CIELO with regular MEK instead of the substitute? Any modifications necessary?

SammaSam said:
Is is possible to do CIELO with regular MEK instead of the substitute? Any modifications necessary?
That would be entirely experimental, AFAIK.

MEK has a much higher water solubility than EA, and a different reactivity with bases. This may or may not complicate the lime paste pulls. Considering its use in cleaning mescaline crystals it will likely pull more impurities than EA does; maybe the citric acid precipitation would make that unimportant but we don't even know whether mesc citrate would precipitate from MEK like that. Citric acid is fairly soluble in acetone so it may show an appreciable solubility in MEK too.

If you can try this out on a small scale, give it a try and report back.

Will do, probably next week. Anyone have anything else to add?

Also - the materials list for CIELO mentions "washing soda" but I can't tell what it is from the photo. Is it the sodium carbonate mentioned in the Reclaim Solvent step?

SammaSam said:
Will do, probably next week. Anyone have anything else to add?
Results aren't quite as consistent as we'd like. Some of us have great results whereas others haven't had as much success. The variation is probably due to differences in the cactus material. So I recommend a trial run of 50 grams cactus first.

Let us know how it goes.

Loveall said:
Yes, washing soda is sodium carbonate.

Perfect, thanks for the clarification :)

shroombee said:
Results aren't quite as consistent as we'd like. Some of us have great results whereas others haven't had as much success. The variation is probably due to differences in the cactus material. So I recommend a trial run of 50 grams cactus first.

Ok thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom