• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

RTA vs. non-RTA Setup

Nelf

Rising Star
Hi everyone,

I've been investigating the various options around e-vaping of Dimitri for a good two weeks now. My research is based on Reddit posts and DMT-Nexus threads, but mainly on the website of Minty Love, as it has been recommended over and over again.

After a couple of hours of study, I decided on a mod (Geekvape Aegis Solo III, which should be on the market in about two weeks) and a DTL Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (RTA) (probably Arbiter Solo) including a self-winded coil. A very similar setup was also strongly recommended by Minty Love, hence, I felt quite happy with my final choice.

So far so good. However, when I asked for the materials required for the self-build coil in a local vape store today, I received a somewhat confused look and was asked if I was sure about it. Furthermore, I was told that RTAs with self-build coils are hardly used anymore and are therefore no longer on sale. I was further informed that in the past (around 2019), the non-rebuildable tank atomizers had been really bad and consequently the self-build variant was more popular. In the meantime, however, the quality of non-RTAs has improved significantly and hardly anyone would go to the effort of making their own coils.
A little crushed, I headed to another vape store and repeated my request. Although the second store still sold vaping wire (+ pre-wound coils), vaping cotton, and RTAs, the vendor also advised me to go for a non-RTA variant. To be fair, he wasn't quite as disparaging about my idea of building the coils myself, but he confirmed what the first store's employee stated.

Long story short:
I am admittedly very unsure about the “ideal” setup and wonder whether the information from Minty Love is still up to date. I'd therefore greatly appreciate it if you would share which setup (especially RTA vs. non-RTA) you use and what your experiences have been so far.

Sorry for the long post and thanks a million in advance!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom