• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Rue MAOI in changa?

Migrated topic.

Eluna

Rising Star
Just wondering if syrian rue seeds maoi content can be infused with herbs for changa, or i guess my question is .. is the maoi properties active when smoked change style?

Caapi is not available here.

Thanks

Rue, caapi, and even passionflower are all active when smoked, but the effect is not the same as oral use.

I realise it wouldnt be the same if smoked, but just wondering if the MAOI properties of rue extract made into changa will kick in in time to extend the duration of the smoked changa.

Thanks

Smoking rue as is works GREAT as an MAOI. There's really no need to extract it. The smoke is harsh though.

Rue is much stronger than caapi. It contains a lot of harmaline, and often 2-3 times more alkaloids in general. Also harmaline is 2 times stronger than the alkaloids of caapi (THH and harmine are each 1/2 as potent as harmaline). So even with caapi containing the exact same amount of alkaloids as rue, the rue will be much stronger.

Eluna said:
I realise it wouldnt be the same if smoked, but just wondering if the MAOI properties of rue extract made into changa will kick in in time to extend the duration of the smoked changa.

Thanks
Definitely!

Cool, also, when smoking rue, do i need to worry about the maoi and what foods i eat, as i presume its shorter lived?

Back
Top Bottom