• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

salvia help! i got bugs!

Migrated topic.

lewinii

Rising Star
hello everyone, a friend from the uk sent SWIM a salvia plant. technically i think it died, then i managed to get it to show life again. could not find any sellers that send to canada. its been growing well, but ran into a bug problem, dont know what to do next!

heres its life over about 3-4 weeks.

when it arrived it was basically dead.
694382905-100_1624.jpg

life again. 'zombie plant'
702490409-1_23.jpg

now.
100_1838.jpg

100_1832.jpg

100_1831.jpg

BUGZ I NEED TO GET RID OF FAST!~
100_1830.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1828.jpg

100_1826.jpg

100_1823.jpg

100_1821.jpg

100_1820.jpg

100_1815.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1810.jpg

please help me find a organic/safe way to remove these PESTS without damage to salvia..
i have a thread at the shroomery too about the same problem(bugs), for anyone who might of recognized the pics.

using just regular potting soil, which was stupid but thats all i had.

good day to you all.
(1st thread outside nursery!)

First off, that cutting looks DOA. I’m surprised that you were able to coax part of it back to life! :)

In most of your photos, the soil seems very moist – even wet. It’s hard to tell from the photos, but is this the case? Salvia doesn’t like constantly wet conditions. The soil shouldn’t be allowed to dry out, but it shouldn’t be kept saturated or very wet all the time.

The photos aren’t clear, but it looks like you have plant lice.

To be honest, I’d recommend starting over with a healthy cutting and some well-draining soil. A plant as small as the one you now have will take forever to reach a harvestable size. :(

check out the vancouver seed bank..I got all my cuttings there a few years back and they are all fine and have given me many other cuttings since then..Im not sure if they ship to the rest of canada but I think that they do..

Get some mapcho or organic tobacco and make a tea and spray it on the plants to keep bugs away..thats how the mazatecs do it.

Wow, glad to see that you revived that plant.

In addition to the posts of gibran2 and fractal enchantment:

Add some stinging nettle (I know hard to get in winter, but perhaps some dried?) to the tobacco brew this will strengthen the plant.
And the most important thing is: put some fresh soil into your oven and sterilize it at min. 80°C and replant into this soil.

To say "Good luck" seems to be inappropriate because you already performed a miracle.:lol:

fractal enchantment said:
I have lots of stinging nettle dried that I picked last summer for tea..how does it strengthen the plant?
It contains high ammounts of silicic acid which strengthens the cell walls.
I addition it has nitrogen compounds and a lot of trace elements.
The nettle juice should be a 24 hour cold water extraction, then it works best.

>First off, that cutting looks DOA. I’m surprised that you were able to coax part of it back to life!
oh yea me too. i had 2 when the package came, 1st died, 2nd showed some new life!

>In most of your photos, the soil seems very moist – even wet.
dont water the plant very often, but do mist it alot to make up for lack of direct water into the pot. SWIM think thats how i got those plant lice from watering too much, more misting.

>The photos aren’t clear, but it looks like you have plant lice.
shit.

>To be honest, I’d recommend starting over with a healthy cutting and some well-draining soil. A plant as small as the one you now have will take forever to reach a harvestable size.
here in canada, salvia may be a schedule 3 drug sooner than i thought. cant give up on this plant right yet, as it may not be legal to grow and buy more in the following year. this plant traveled such a distance, gotta be the most traveled salvia, probably in the world.

>check out the vancouver seed bank
looks like they are out of psychoactive type.

>Get some mapcho or organic tobacco

any kind of tobbaco will do? . SWIM can get some 100% pure Virginia tobacco.

>Add some stinging nettle
damm, should of picked more and dried more nettles when the season was in. wasnt aware that nettles make good plant food, as well as tea for us. cool.

>And the most important thing is: put some fresh soil into your oven and sterilize it at min. 80°C and replant into this soil.
SWIM had used 2 pans of dirt in the oven, set on about 195 on oven, but the meat thermometer read 75°c. i let it set in the oven for about 40 minuets each, about 70-85 degrees. it was hard to regulate the oven to 180°f without going over 200°f because SWIM reads that above 200°f its too hot and becomes unusable.

>To say "Good luck" seems to be inappropriate because you already performed a miracle.

lets hope for a second. SWIM moved the plant into a new pot with new sterlized soil, please grow..

will upload more pics soon..

Back
Top Bottom