• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Salvia plants?

Migrated topic.
"Salvia is the largest genus of plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae, with nearly 1000 species of shrubs, herbaceous perennials, and annuals."

You might need to be a bit more specific 😉

There are many interesting species of Salvia, several with their own interesting effects, beyond the one you're clearly thinking of :D

I've recently started collecting Salvia plants of various species for my garden, after finding that a specimen which I obtained purely on a whim several years ago has interesting psychoactive properties.

I got a bunch of divinorum growing. Their flowers are my favorite smell, though I tried to distill the scent and it didn't work.

Attachments

• 29194431.jpg
    29194431.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 0
Having zero luck finding an online vendor with salvia plants for sale and seeing as seed is all but impossoboe to find I'm stuck.

My last one was murdered by my cat of all things

Really like the appearance of this plant as well as it's gifts.

KloudQ7 said:
I got a bunch of divinorum growing. Their flowers are my favorite smell, though I tried to distill the scent and it didn't work.
You'd be needing kilos of flowers to stand a chance of getting a visible amount of oil. For heat-sensitive fragrances it might be worth making a concrète.

My Salvia greggii x guaranitica has wonderfully scented leaves - first fruity, then buttery.

Salvinorin-wise, I'll need to check out how my S. glutinosa leaves shape up and after that it's time to start growing S. recognita.

I have an essential oil extractor that works in the microwave for a few mls of oil in like 6 minutes. I think the heat did destroy what scent there was, otherwise the hydrosol would have smelled good at least. Works great on citrus peels.

Back
Top Bottom