• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Self-Liberating Meditation

Migrated topic.

TheAppleCore

Rising Star
This is something I've been experimenting with recently, and the DMT-Nexus community was the first place that came to mind when I decided I wanted to share the idea. It was developed as a tool to help me achieve states of consciousness that I personally value and seek.

It stems from the idea that the intuition knows what is truly valuable. That one should seek states of being that facilitate feelings of love and gratitude, and satisfy the primal and emotional self, rather than the intellectual self.

To satisfy the intellectual self is to find a logical or rational connection between an action and a perceived benefit, e.g. "focusing on breath clears the mind, clearing the mind strengthens the mind, strengthening the mind is beneficial, therefore focusing on breath is beneficial, and I shall focus on breath". To satisfy the more fundamental and primal self is to intuitively feel the positivity in something, in a sense of reward and fulfillment.

To let one's intuition completely overtake mind and body, I have found that it is necessary to understand the concept of total freedom of self (hence the title that I'm using right now, "self-liberating meditation" ). In this state, one consciously decides to free the intuition, i.e. one's intellectual intention IS to satisfy the intuitive desire, thereby aligning the two parts of self. In this way, rather than impeding and working against itself, the entirety of the body and mind work together to realize novel states of consciousness.

If you have chosen to engage in self-liberating meditation, then by its very nature, every part of yourself shares a common desire. The meditative practice is to learn to fulfill this desire by maintaining harmony of self. In a single catchphrase, it is to free yourself.

I've had a few fairly impressive trials with this. An interesting aspect of the practice is that the resulting experiences can be extremely variable, ranging from recalling childhood memory, to listening to your ears ring, to nurturing indescribable energies. It totally depends on where your instinct leads you.

so, the object of this meditation is to release the intellect and put our attention on feeling our intuitions? I'm a bit unclear on what this frees us from? excessive thinking? lack of intuition?

hrm, yes, I'm a bit confused. one suspends the intellect but not the intuition? vice versa? I guess what I'm asking is, could you clarify what the object of this meditation is?

Forget the first post.

Within you, there is an animal. The animal does not think, it knows. Let the animal take over. Let it consume every atom of your being. It will shock and awe you.

A very powerfull realisation Applecore.

Every time I had taken magic mushrooms I came to this realisation in one way or another. In these bemushroomed states I laughed at the haughtiness, megalomania and pathological insecurity and paranoya of the Intellect; Which is a false self I tend to call Ego. I realised that my animal nature was infinitely wiser and capable than my Intellect. It made me laugh at my Lower (false) self like an old man laughs at the immature drama of a naïve 14 year old boy.

Allthough after these short moments of enlightnement I would forget this again and be pulled into unconsciousness again by my Intellect. But with practice and time I have become more and more aware of my Intellect when it tries to pull me along into unconsciousness again. My consciousness is growing and has reached a point where it won't be overpowered by the Ego as easily as it was before.

@ Bransondude;
The meditation AppleCore mentions Liberates one from the Ego. Check Wikipedia and read the Buddhist defenition of Ego; It explains very clearly the fundamental core of all human disfunctionability.
The Ego can be quickly explained as a false sense of Self, derrived from the Mind with it's inceasant cycles of thoughts & emotions, obsession with past & future and it's denial of what is Here and Now. It is the core of all insecurity, jealousy, lonelyness, fear..etc in short: It's the core of all our unnececairy(unconsciously self-created) suffering; which makes up certainly 80% of all human suffering.
To be freed from that is to be free indeed.

SKA: Though you seem to understand the idea, this may interest you : http://deoxy.org/egofalse.htm

To me the ego is a survival function through which I can achieve me goals. It gives me my grounding for the times when my ego disappears and I'm left with bare existence.

TheAppleCore said:
To satisfy the more fundamental and primal self is to intuitively feel the positivity in something, in a sense of reward and fulfillment.

To let one's intuition completely overtake mind and body, I have found that it is necessary to understand the concept of total freedom of self (hence the title that I'm using right now, "self-liberating meditation" ).

In this state, one consciously decides to free the intuition, i.e. one's intellectual intention IS to satisfy the intuitive desire, thereby aligning the two parts of self.

Nice, I think I get your drift. Well actually, I intuit your drift. Kind of like the way newborn babies are? They seem so completely open to the total magic and mystery of everything around them. This is what the Zen Buddhist koan seeks to facilitate, by confounding the mind and erasing our accumulation of intellectual assertions. "What is your original face before you were born?" This is paralleled in Advaita, the Indian belief in a non-dual level of conscious awareness, which by it's very nature, is existing freely in unbound spontaneity. "Who am I?" :idea:

Back
Top Bottom