• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

sitting solution

dextopia

its a good day for chemistry
so today my buddy was suppose to finish his nomans tek pulls. got the first pull after agitation every hour x4. went to bed he woke up then added his vmp for the second pull. agitated it 3 times(every hour) then remembered he had to go somewhere. ended up it getting back 5 hours later fell asleep till now . everything looks fine. just a noob question is it okay to continue the rest of pulls. after a agitations do his second pull then after that continue with a 3rd pull after agitation 3-4 times. then i believe you add vmp and let it sit for a day or two for the last pull.

agitation method is swirl alittle then end over end for 1-2 mins then a quick 5-10sec swirl let settle 45min-1hour.

thanks fellow traveler

he’s proceeding. he cant find anything that could be bad besides maybe precipitation of vmp. it was in a dry cooler spot, he’ll let me know what happens “shrugs”

It should go well. It is okay to let things sit for awhile. The agitation should be very gentle, like rocking Mason jars back and forth. Think of a super slow motion paint mixer . . . You don't want to shake, just get everything to mix and let science do its' work. NPS has good affinity for DMT and little or none for sodium hydroxide.

It should go well. It is okay to let things sit for awhile. The agitation should be very gentle, like rocking Mason jars back and forth. Think of a super slow motion paint mixer . . . You don't want to shake, just get everything to mix and let science do its' work. NPS has good affinity for DMT and little or none for sodium hydroxide.
thank you, i appreciate that. yea usually do a end over end. not really though it’s more like a figure 8 slow motion.

Looks great, very clean crystals! 👍

Kind regards,

The Traveler
thank you feels good to see those white clouds. it’s amazing when you do research first and feel confident in the process. the first time anxiety is fading but still there. but grinnin from ear to ear

thank you feels good to see those white clouds. it’s amazing when you do research first and feel confident in the process. the first time anxiety is fading but still there. but grinnin from ear to ear
You made it! You took the first steps and now see how your preparations actually worked out, seeing is believing.

I'm pretty sure your already found some small optimizations for when you perform a new batch. 😁

Kind regards,

The Traveler

yes, this was nomans tek with some different time frames as his. even tho i just seen the second pull which is more then thy first there. hes going to try the next 50g with cybs hybrid salt atb. and compare. ie process snd results and well you know the rest.

sincerely,
🚀 “The Magick schoolbus experience”

question. what does this mean some of the clouds are or maybe something else is sticking to the glass or it’s to cold? or not letting it evaporate long enough or my solvent wasn’t as clean as the evap test showed me?

second pull

Last edited by a moderator:
question. what does this mean some of the clouds are or maybe something else is sticking to the glass or it’s to cold? or not letting it evaporate long enough or my solvent wasn’t as clean as the evap test showed me?View attachment 97714
second pull
Not really understanding what your question is about here; waxy residue is most likely the DMT itself, which can be waxy, sticky or gooey depending on a number of factors see, e.g. Minimum Polymer.
It looks pretty normal to me. Was there any trace of naphtha odour? Without knowing how much of what plant material you used, it's hard to make much further comment.

Not really understanding what your question is about here; waxy residue is most likely the DMT itself, which can be waxy, sticky or gooey depending on a number of factors see, e.g. Minimum Polymer.
It looks pretty normal to me. Was there any trace of naphtha odour? Without knowing how much of what plant material you used, it's hard to make much further comment.
no odor of vmp what so ever. it was a clean evap test in the beginning too. and it’s MHRB. just was wondering if that was something funky or i did something. wrong. i see why people use pie dishes and baking pans. it’s hard to scrap so these are my buddy’s three pulls off 50g.(so your saying my buddy could scrap all that and have more % yeild so he needs to find a small flat scraping device and or can he pour alittle vmp nap in there pour into a bigger flatter easier to scrap pyrex re freeze then evap again? (left-first second pull, Right-3rd pull) IMG_2902.jpeg

Dissolving the inaccesible residue is a sensible option (but see below). For quickness, you could use acetone and just evaporate it in a shallow dish. You won't get such nice crystals that way, but it's still usable material.

If you're planning on doing another extraction you could simply reuse the jars without worrying about the small amount of leftover material - it will improve recovery of subsequent yield, in fact.

Doing nothing is sometimes overlooked, often underrated, in a non-critical activity such as this.

Dissolving the inaccesible residue is a sensible option (but see below). For quickness, you could use acetone and just evaporate it in a shallow dish. You won't get such nice crystals that way, but it's still usable material.

If you're planning on doing another extraction you could simply reuse the jars without worrying about the small amount of leftover material - it will improve recovery of subsequent yield, in fact.

Doing nothing is sometimes overlooked, often underrated, in a non-critical activity such as this.
i think i’ll just resuse them on my next extract. thank you.

Last edited:
this one looks close to it maybe under .2 . we’ll see what the 5th contains we’ll go from there
Just be aware that the density of different samples of DMT can vary quite widely - easily by a factor of five if comparing fluffy powder with harder, more granular stuff. There's no substitute for actually weighing your material!

How much bark was used and what was the solvent volume used in each pull? This will help guide what your maximum possible yield is likely to be. Doing more than five pulls will only be worthwhile if you've done such small pulls that they're saturated every time up to this point.

You should be able to estimate the solubility of DMT in your chosen solvent and do a bit of meaningful extrapolation from that. You've had a good while for the base soup to digest so we can assume fairly safely that there's little active material still hiding in the bark sludge (plant cells).

Just be aware that the density of different samples of DMT can vary quite widely - easily by a factor of five if comparing fluffy powder with harder, more granular stuff. There's no substitute for actually weighing your material!

How much bark was used and what was the solvent volume used in each pull? This will help guide what your maximum possible yield is likely to be. Doing more than five pulls will only be worthwhile if you've done such small pulls that they're saturated every time up to this point.

You should be able to estimate the solubility of DMT in your chosen solvent and do a bit of meaningful extrapolation from that. You've had a good while for the base soup to digest so we can assume fairly safely that there's little active material still hiding in the bark sludge (plant cells).
honestly my buddy just poured his 5th freeze evap. it’s sitting with a fan on it looks decent still pulling. so he finished off with 30ml for this 6th pull. first three pulls he didn’t weigh separate. he got .42 from first 3 and , 4th pull alone got .34. but its more denser looking an not as fluffy. he used Zippo Lighter fluid. (first pull 50ml, second 25ish, 3rd 30mL, 4th 30ml, 5 27mL. this last 6th pull he used 30mL only just to see what he be pulling (4th pull in where it sat for 5 days because he got stuck across the other side of the state.). i mean he’s following Nomans Tek and it says 5-6 pulls with 50mL. i been kinda experimenting due to some additional comments on his tek at the bottom. but he hasn’t yet to washed it. even though it looks fine. he’s was going to do that all after this last 6th pull

Last edited:
honestly my buddy just poured his 5th freeze evap. it’s sitting with a fan on it looks decent still pulling. so he finished off with 30ml for this 6th pull. first three pulls he didn’t weigh separate. he got .42 from first 3 and , 4th pull alone got .34. but its more denser looking an not as fluffy. he used Zippo Lighter fluid. (first pull 50ml, second 25ish, 3rd 30mL, 4th 30ml, 5 27mL. this last 6th pull he used 30mL only just to see what he be pulling (4th pull in where it sat for 5 days because he got stuck across the other side of the state.). i mean he’s following Nomans Tek and it says 5-6 pulls with 50mL. i been kinda experimenting due to some additional comments on his tek at the bottom. but he hasn’t yet to washed it. even though it looks fine. he’s was going to do that all after this last 6th pull just pulled .06 from the 5th pull so im guessing if not all gets oullinmmmm
he just updated me .06 from the 5th pull. so he has just about a G.

OK, with those small pulls you'll be doing a lot more of them to get all the goods. Doing it again, 3×75 mL, maybe 4, would get the job done quicker.
he just updated me .06 from the 5th pull. so he has just about a G.
Looks like that's your lot, 6th pull will likely yield basically nothing.

How much bark was this from? If 50g, you can be very pleased. With 100g, at least satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom