• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

So what is the best solvent for recrystalization of DMT?

Kalitechnik

Established member
Hello fellow chemists. As i am learning more and more i came across very nice educational piece on recrystalization.

The science says that the best solvent for recrystalization is that in which our product (and i am want to know about dmt) is insoluble in room temperature and below, and becomes soluble in higher temperatures?

And that got me to think which solvent it will be? I have not knowledge at all about it, but i believe we should have some experienced chemists here who might know the answer. I am all ears.

I just did some searching and found this outstanding reaserch. Do not understand it yet at all, but looks like @Samvidbuho chose heptane for his crystalization, and with such a vast knowledge there might be a reason to it. Is HEPTANE the best solvent of choice for recrystalization?

Here is the amazing post

Looks like the answer was right in front of my eyes.

"A good recrystallization solvent for DMT is heptane. DMT is not very soluble in it at room temperature but quite soluble as we add heat. Most common spice impurities, however, are not very soluble in it at all and can thus be separated via simple decanting."

Feeling a bit ashamed ;)

Back
Top Bottom