• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

storing shrooms

Migrated topic.

Rapt

Wesley
I'm pretty new to the world of shrooms and i was just wondering.. once they're dried how long will they last before they go bad? Also how would you recommend storing them? And when it comes to storing them is there a differance between hydro and feild picked that i should be aware of? thanks. :)

I know a lot about storing them for over 10 years.

But if you are only storing them a couple months just dry them as best you can and keep them in a zip lock in your freezer. That's what I do with wild mushrooms I find in my area.

prey said:
I know a lot about storing them for over 10 years.

But if you are only storing them a couple months just dry them as best you can and keep them in a zip lock in your freezer. That's what I do with wild mushrooms I find in my area.
\

Sounds good prey. Thanks for the feedback :d

This is the cheapest way to store them:
612910.gif_nothingbuthardware

I used dry them by putting Calcium chloride into a tupperware container with hardware cloth over it and set the shrooms on the hardware cloth then put the whole thing into a larger container. That dries them quite quickly and thoroughly. But I have found that they dry quite nicely by putting them into a brown paper bag with a paper towel inside and put them into the refrigerator. Change out the paper towel if it gets damp and the shrooms will dry nicely in a few days. Then put them into a ziploc bag and into the freezer. You want them to be as dry as possible before putting them into the freezer. Potency will fade fairly quickly if kept at room temp but they stay quite potent for a year or more in the freezer.

Dry them and store them in jars of pure organic honey. Store the mushroom-filled honey jars at 35F.

They will keep for 7 years this way.

I store them (pre-dried) above calcium chloride in a tightly closed jar, they will stay good for many years. As long as the chloride is dry it's insanely hygroscopic and will pull the last traces of water out of the shrooms, they will get bonedry and crispy.

Moisture is enemy #1! In such a jar the air is dryer than in the Atacama desert...

I also store spice in a jar with CaCl2. Traces of water can catalyze many chemical reactions, keep it dry!

Quickdry over a couple buckets, some water, a heater, and an air pump does great too($20+). Would definitely look into honey/calcium chloride though, no noticeable bruising, but I can't help but have this trace of 'carpet fresh' taste as well with zoo substrate.

on that note, Mycodome's are really overpriced... badly

Back
Top Bottom