• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Suggestion : Convert <3 to &hearts; automagically

Migrated topic.
Melodic Catastrophe said:
Kinda like on facebook.

There is a lot of Love here on the Nexus and it would be nice to make the love a little prettier. :D <3
Love? No, not again! I puke when I hear this word.

(also, I hadn't realised until now that "three greater than..." is meant to represent a heart, it always looked like a human back and buttocks)

azrael said:
I'm against this.

Just curious, but why are you against it?

From a programming stand point, it would only take a second to implement.

From a visual aesthetics stand point, it would look a LOT better and make more sense to people than <3 does.

I personally don't see why it would be a big deal. :roll:

(also, I hadn't realised until now that "three greater than..." is meant to represent a heart, it always looked like a human back and buttocks)

hehe. :)

UobK9.gif
UobK9.gif
UobK9.gif
UobK9.gif
UobK9.gif
UobK9.gif

(for the record I also think it is a bad idea -- I think <3 has a certain amount of appeal to it and if you want to add a heart it isn't exactly rocket science to add an image tag)

Yeah, I guess you have a point. I didn't mean an actual image of a heart though...

The heart I meant is just a text font heart that can be easily copied and pasted with the post.

No different than any other special character like *, ^ or &... just a heart instead...

I like the hearts, don't see why anybody would be against it unless they simply despise that shape for some unbeknownst reason. <3

UniverseCannon said:
I kinda like the greater than three hearts
i think a temporary santa hat on the main jester just below "DMT NEXUS" would be cool

hehe
gets better and better..
lol
<3

Back
Top Bottom