• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Syrian Rue ~ potential interactions with Mexican food?

Migrated topic.

Valmar

Esteemed member
Tonight, I was planning to drink Syrian Rue + Acacia Confusa, but... at about 1pm I'd thoughtlessly had some mexican food ~ spiced ground beef with avocado and tomatoes.

I'm hesitant as to whether there will be any potential interactions, but thought I'd ask if members here thought it'd be safe to go ahead with the Ayahuasca.

Yesterday at midday, I'd had Japanese that had soy... so I'm safe in that regard, I think ~ been more than 24 hours.

There's no food interaction or dietary concerns with reversible and selective MAO-A inhibition. Anything you eat, don't worry about it. If you're that concerned, just don't eat a few hours before or after taking Harmalas, you'll be fine either way.

And just know, if you ever get a headache from Harmalas, just know it's not Tyramine, Harmalas have Acetylcholinesterase inhibiting properties which can cause headaches, Harmalas also cause vasodilation which can cause headaches, and Harmalas can be dehydrating which dehydration can cause headaches.

Many thanks for the replies! :)

I knew about the potential food interactions, but was slightly unsure.

Just a quick cautionary PS. Overdose of harmala alkaloids invariably leads to emesis (vomit) regardless of food consumed (or not consumed) beforehand. Long after you have no food in your stomach, you will bring up bile all night long. Take care with rue it is strong medicine.

Just the title of this thread made my stomach lurch.

There aren't any ingrediants in mex food that are particularly dangerous, but it's definitely not something I would want to eat before, or with, harmalas ( or especially just before a strong tryptamine experience). For physical, but also for mental to some extent, reasons, it just seems best to keep a rather light stomach. It makes sense to eat healthy food, and a minimal amount, for a few days or longer, but at least 24 hours prior to the experience.

You can always wait to take the aya another time.

Even with mushrooms eating a spicy, chilli-laden meal the same evening causes unpleasant distraction from the capsaicin's action in the gut (IME).

Wait another day or two and consider the significance of the ayahuasca dieta. It does not have a one-to-one correspondence with the dietary restrictions that are absolutely necessary for irreversible MAOI's.

PS - check out the various threads pertaining to nutmeg to get some grasp of the possibilities regarding metabolic interactions of culinary spices along with other foodstuffs and bioactive molecules in general. The subject is vast, though!

Back
Top Bottom