• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Temperature req. for Freeze Precip.

Migrated topic.

Mr. Bojangles

Rising Star
Hello all,

I've been reading up on a lot of information lately and have a concern that my freezer won't get cold enough for the freeze precipitation method to work well. The coldest my first freezer goes to is -6 Fahrenheit and my other one goes to -10 Fahrenheit, are either of those be cold enough? I'd prefer to use the first freezer since it's easiest.

-Thanks

Yeah make sure that the fridge you buy gets cold enough. I just went out and bought a mini fridge/freezer (because I don't like the idea of naphtha vapors in my food.) and it doesn't get cold enough.

Just cap it and shove it in there for at least 5hrs. SWIM doesnt know his temp either, but try it, no problems so far...

Do anyone have any real data on how soluble DMT is in a certain volume naphtha/heptane at different temperatures? Would be really interesting! If one can't adjust the temperature to low enough level, then one can at least adjust the volume of solvent being used! It sounds reasonable that with hot freezers, one should gain from doing more pulls with a lesser amount of solvent, for maximizing the yield. Correct assumption?

Back
Top Bottom