• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

The Metal Thread

Judas Priest's new album is great. Accept's new album also good. Megadeth's latest is great. I tend to use Lemmy K.'s worldview on "metal", "Its ALL Rock & Roll. This coming from the godfather of "heavy metal" music, always denied Motorhead was "metal" just good Rock & Roll played fast and loud.

Since we are on the Metal thread, a fun movie I saw recently was "Metal Lords" 2022 a story about a couple of metal heads wanting to win the battle of the bands competition. I think Tom Morello (RATM, Audioslave) wrote the title song, Machinery of Torment. Worth a watch and listed to. ;-)

Band kills it. Too bad there's some questionable controversy surrounding Mr. Terrible (and if the accusations are true, it's pretty terrible lol)
If you're talking about the allegations that he's a nazi, he responded to that a few months ago in an interview with Rock Feed. From what I've heard from fans that have interacted with him, he's an abolute sweetheart. Or perhaps you were talking about some different controversy he got himself in?

On another note, here's a song that I love playing for people for the first time because the reaction is always priceless haha (pro tip - don't skip through the vid):

It might be rhat (I haven't gotten to watch) but then there apparently has been another interview in which he apparently says he said what he said to his American audience to assuage their concerns. I'm not in any camp, just interesting to see.

One love

It might be rhat (I haven't gotten to watch) but then there apparently has been another interview in which he apparently says he said what he said to his American audience to assuage their concerns. I'm not in any camp, just interesting to see.

One love
Yeah I'm not saying he is or he isn't guilty of some prejudice. In this case I'm strongly trying to disconnect the art from the artist and just enjoy the brutal, raw vibe of their music. It's not for everyday though. Takes a certain mood, like doing a very hard workout, to enjoy this type of music haha

Hahaha I feel that. I meant generally with my last post. I thought of Lewis Carroll, who I am a fan of his writing and philosophical exploration, but gave some serious moral issues with him all the same.

One love

Watched a pretty cool vid today where Dream Theater's drummer Mike Portnoy learns and tries to play Tool's Pneuma for the first time. Pretty insane that he actually nails most of it, considering it's one of the most complicated drum pieces ever. Portnoy's a legend!

It would be interesting to hook his brain up and see how it lights up during this whole process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom