• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

The Revolutionary Potential of Psychedelics

Migrated topic.

dreamer042

dreamoar
Staff member
Admin
Donator
Great article! :thumb_up:

Psychedelic_Roses_by_DancesSoSexy.jpg

Psychedelic substances are resurging into the popular culture in ways unrivaled since the starry-eyed, long-haired baby boomers of the 1960′s dropped acid and discovered peace and promiscuity. However, today’s generation of visionary psychonauts are making a much more measured movement to the mainstream than the hundred thousand hippies who descended on San Francisco in 1967′s summer of love. While they were encouraged to “tune in, turn on, and drop out” by revolutionary ex-Harvard scientist turned LSD evangelist Timothy Leary, modern proponents such as philosopho-comedian Joe Rogan and alternative archeology researcher Graham Hancock feel quite a bit more level headed, and dare I say credible, in their advocation of these consciousness bending chemicals...

I liked it, too. I think balancing that epistemological line between scientism (e.g., hard-nosed reductive materialism) and fact-free New Age speculation (e.g., TimeWave Zero) is an important point to keep spreading throughout the psychedelic community.

Just read the article and thought it was pretty well balanced. As it states people like Hancock and Rogan are doing a good job in getting psychedelics into a more believable useful light.

I think the community needs this kind of positive and intelligent attention.

Back
Top Bottom