• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Using DMT salts for changa/enchanted leaf

Migrated topic.

acacian

Guide
Donator
As i'm sure many reading this will attest to, a bong is a great way to achieve a deep immersive experience with dmt, especially when infused into some sort of leaf preparation. the bong is my personal favourite route of administration but I personally find a careful lighting technique is required to make the most of the extract when working with freebase and its likely that some of it drips down the hole of the cone piece into the stem once it is heated

being somebody who both loves the ritual of smoking through a bong and also somebody who doesn't have huge amounts of dmt at his disposal at any given time (due to extracting from native sources and not usually doing such large scale extractions as is possible with commercial sources).. I was wondering whether anyone has tried making enchanted leaf/changa with dmt salts instead of freebase? it seems as if it would lend itself better to the technique of smoking a bong and would elliminate the need to hold the lighter so far from the bowl..

its not really a huge issue to me and I am perfectly happy using freebase but I was surprised to not really hear of people doing this often... I'm curious whether anybody has experience in this area

:d

I wouldn't recommend it personally. A "long-ish" time ago when I was a new extractor, I was making my changa out of DMT acetate, thinking it probably wasn't necessary to freebase based upon basically the same idea you have mentioned. The results were not very good. The dmt salts (acetates anyway, haven't tried other salt forms) seem like they don't want to vaporize correctly or in the same manner as FB thus resulting in hit and miss experiences. The vapor/smoke was quite a bit harsher as well, and this was with changa but I'd imagine that a sandwich technique or other techniques would produce similar results. Also, it seems like the stronger experiences from acetate would be in that "fast motion" craziness probably because the salts were burning...not sure on that though.

So, being a bong lover myself, I started making changa out of freebase and have never gone back. To me FB is the way to go, it just makes the most sense. Of course, take all of this with a grain of salt as this is just one man's opinion through personal experience.

:)

From the FAQ

FAQ said:
DMT can be in salt form or in freebase form. A salt form means the DMT is attached to an acid molecule. DMT is naturally in salt form in the plants because of plant acids (for example dmt tannate or oxalate due to tannic or oxalic acid being present in some plants). When people extract DMT, they can make it in freebase form to smoke, because DMT in salt form can't be smoked, it has high boiling point and breaks down instead of vaporizing efficiently. Some salt forms like DMT fumarate can even be toxic to smoke due to creation of maleic anhydride during combustion.

aha, there you have it! I thought I had read that somewhere but couldn't remember exactly where. Thanks SnozzleBerry!

Back
Top Bottom