• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Various bufo experiments

Migrated topic.

Phlux-

The Root
OG Pioneer
Dark - oxidized bufo was converted to fumarate salt and was still dark as the salt.
An zink reduction was performed - the solution(fumarates disolved in water) was dark - within 5 minutes it was 100% clear.

Along the way in some various state i noticed the color of the solution was simmilar to that of methylated sprits - purple
Today i read that 5-MeO-DMT-n-Oxide is pale violet oil.

The original acetone pulls from a no smell tek, was evaporated to yeild loads of crunhy stuff - this was disolved in water and evaporated again.
Picked up in pure ethanol then fumaric acid was added - loads of black stuff precipitated.
The precip was filtered out - the zink reduction perfomed and the solution again went from dark dark - almost not see thru - to 100% clear as water.

It seems - at least so far - that a lot of the bufo could be in n-oxide form in cebil seeds.

Swim's been doing some experimentation as well with zink and bufotenine, without any mentionable results. The starting material was black and sticky and had the same results as Swiy, the black water went transparent and violet. On freebasing Swim got back what he started with, black oily freebase.

Phlux did you mean the clear water as transparent or colourless?
Have Swiy freebased it yet? If not just add loads of ammonium chloride before freebasing otherwise the yield will be next to nothing...

colorless.
and i dont have ammonium chloride - what else can be used ?

Phlux- said:
colorless.
and i dont have ammonium chloride - what else can be used ?

It's easy to find, has a lot of uses. Swim just made some the first time by mixing Hcl acid and ammonia untill the ph reached ~7 and boiled the water away, but that's not very economic.

I don't know if anything else can be used, but it prevents zinc hydroxide from precipitating from the solution, it's not soluble in basified water. Swim freebased with sodium carb. when experimenting with bufo and the solution smelled of ammonia, so I guess the ammonium chloride freebases before the zinc hydroxide starts to precip and the Hcl forms a salt and water with the zinc hydroxide, but that's just a guess...maybe any ammonia salt will do.

Phlux- said:
colorless.
What exactly did Swiy do?
Swim followed the tec as with the harmaline reduction and his results were never colourless they went from jet black to purple and transparent. He can't wait to see what Swiy got back after freebasing.

I just gave this a go.

I made sure I got the blackest of the black cebil tar by completely desolving some once cleaned cebil extract in some acetone and adding naptha slowly over the space of 1 hour until a jet black residue lay on the bottom.

This was then removed and dried and added to a warm fumaric acid pH4 solution and stirred until completely desolved.

Then a random amount of zinc was added and stirred. The solution changed from a cloudy dark orange to a clear tinted yellow, much quicker than I expected may I add. Less than 30 seconds. No violet tinting was noticed.

So are we saying in theory if the solution completely de-oxidizes we'll get a clear colourless solution? If so what can explain this yellow tint? More zinc was added and stirring continued, but this tint looks like it here to stay.

Also if the zinc is just filter out of the solution, then it is evaporated and freebase, should I expect to pull something nasty? Would the substance need any additional cleaning before proceeding for best results?

:)

soulfood said:
Also if the zinc is just filter out of the solution, then it is evaporated and freebase, should I expect to pull something nasty? Would the substance need any additional cleaning before proceeding for best results?

:)

Yes, there will be zinc hydroxide, but if you dry after freebasing and pull with ISO or acetone it won't get through.

If there’s a stronger base present like sodium hydroxide then it will form zinc hydroxide and sodium fumarate. I think that's where the confusion comes from. Without a stronger base present, zinc will for zinc fumarate.

I think that’s confusing. Let me state that again.

If you just have a solution of water, zinc and fumaric acid, zinc will form zinc fumarate. But if you then freebase it with sodium hydroxide, you’ll get zinc hydroxide and sodium fumarate.

Back
Top Bottom