• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

veda_sticks has joined another board

Migrated topic.

veda_sticks

Rising Star
I got pointed here by some members of the shroomery, very cool forum with lots of good information.

I have passed info onto a friend of mine who is now doing his first exctraction. Hoping it goes well, we will find out tomorrow after freeze precipatation.

straight to base, seems the easiest with good results and minimum of chemicals. Ive seens some great results using the stb method.

Only trouble he had was finding naptha, white spirit that he got is naptha but its a heavy hydrocardon and doesnt evaporate well, but he is freeze precipitating and its working so far.

I found a better naptha though, i can get ronsonol multipurpose lighter fluid for future extractions.

I just read the stickied thread in this forum and i was very surprised about membership status. Yet i find it a very good idea.

I have been part of other forums, mainly the shroomery for quite some time and have found it gets littered quite badly by new people asking simple silly questions that could simply have been answered by searching, or just reaidng around following posts day by day.

It seems to many people expect to be spoonfed information, which then come back and people complain its so hard to find accurate information as theres so much crap.

I find myself going between helping oiut some and then getting fed up and just point to UTFSE.

Theres alot of good info here and its help a great deal for me to understand things.

The chemistry lesson are great, reminds of highschool. Though i still dont quite understand it, still interesting reading.

I think the problem of finding naptha in the uk is experienced by most people. I expect my friend will end up using white spirit also, as its cheap. I havnt seen any real reason not to be using it, though im sure ronsonol is alot easier to evap.
I know what you meen about the chemistry, i still dont understand much, but it seems easy enough to follow the steps, much more interesting end prodects that we used to get in school though.

Back
Top Bottom