• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

vegetable oil defats..

Migrated topic.

jamie

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Has anyone done them? I am asking because I am extracting grass right now with a sort of makeshift tek and I want to use olive oil to defat..I want to use non toxic solvents if possible, and I dont want to waste my limonene on defatts.

I am starting with 3 vinegar water boils on the grass, and reducing that down to a small volume. Then I will defat a few times with hot olive oil..then reduce the defatted tea down to a resin in the dehydrator, base with calcium hydroxide and water, and pull 3 times with limo..then salt with acetic acid.

If I just skip the defats and do limo pulls I think the fats will compete with the DMT too much for the solvent, and I will need to use clean limo for each pull. With the defats I think I can just reuse the limo for each pull after I salt it.

I am not concerned right now with hordeninin or gramine etc..all I am concerned with is getting out the alkaloids with as little fats or oils as possible, without using naptha or xylene etc.. I can store the final product and play with gramine removal later on. I just want to get alkaloids out right now becasue the grass is in season so I can store the alkaloids..becasue storing grass takes up so much damn space.

No idea about the defats, I could guess but I'm sure you're knowledge is as good or better than mine so I won't bother.

There is one thing in the text that is GLARING at me though:
Have you done the resin + calcium hydroxide basing with MHRB. I've done it 4 times with a 0% yield each time. For some reason (my) lime NEEDS plant material to work correctly.
Even more odd: a little bit of plant matter is not enough, at least not for the vast majority or the DMT to be freebased in much less than a day like in semi-dry lime A/B. (After a day there was lass than 50mg or gunky remains from the salting from 500g!)

I seem to remember someone said they had done it with success (maybe you?) but I know that it totally didn't work at all for me.

Have you tried defatting the Limonene using a solution of washing soda? Probably the defatting with olive oil also isn't necessary.

Thats not a defat, thats a sodium carbonate wash. It wont really get rid of oils, because the oils will prefer the non-polar layer.

Sodium carbonate wash is good to remove polar impurities (for example traces of the basic solution that came across during separation)

Thanks didn't know that...

I always had that idea, since it does help with the crystallisation and also helps getting greasy stains from my clothes.
Hmmm, have to recheck some TEK's of mine now, also the one I just posted as the all natural spice extraction :? Would probably be better to do that 'defat' with something else as well, what would you think about using vegetable oil for that?

Thanks endlessness, only 2 days around and allready learned a lot from your replies! Sorry to bother here with my useless reply...

Peace

Did you have any success in using vegetable oils for defats from grass? Would be very interested to hear all the details anyone can come up with. :)

Back
Top Bottom