• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Very Weird Dream/trip/VR State

Migrated topic.

obliguhl

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
I had only a couple hours of sleep, so i felt pretty bad. Being unable to concentrate, i went back to bed, even though i just had a huge cup of coffee. To my surprise, i was able to fall asleep. During the end of this short sleep period, i 'sortof' woke up and felt my body tingling. There was a strong pressure on my ears and heard a loud buzzing/white noise sweep through them.

The, i suddenly saw my room as if i'd had the oculus rift Virtual Reality headset on. Just with a very high latency/persistancy and a low frame rate of like 10 fps. As if my brain could not process the huge amount of data coming in.

My Room was altered and i had the distinct feeling, i would watch a scene from my past as virtual reality. For instance, there was a big quadro formaggi pizza sitting on my desk and a textdocument was open on my computer, which i tried to decipher but could not.

I then noticed, that i had a Virtual reality body and could interact with the environment. I picked up a beanbag and thre it in the air - it felt so very real, like ...almost perfect Virtual reality. Then i tried to envision something but it wouldn't work and i really woke up.

The whole experience was like a weird mix between a trip, a dream and a virtual reality experience. First time i experienced something like this, very interesting!

Caffeine increases acetylcholine levels in the brain.

Have you ever read Robert Monroes books about OBEs? On par with Carlos Castanedas writings IMO. Some of the few books I own, instead of downloading the pdfs. He also gives instructions on how to archive OBEs, however I haven't mastered one.

This recent talk by Stephen LaBerge was also interesting, more inspirational than reading his book(s):

[YOUTUBE]

Pharmacological Induction of Lucid Dreams
Thomas Yuschak

Caffeine
Caffeine acts as an adenosine antagonist and has a dramatic effect on the sleep
cycle. In moderate doses caffeine can increase sleep latency and cause a reduction in
total sleep time. However, low doses of caffeine can be used to significantly inhibit
the deeper sleep stages, in favor of stage 1 sleep without increasing wakefulness or
altering REM sleep [Yanik, Glaum, & Radulovacki, 1987]. The time required to reach
peak plasma concentrations is within one hour of ingestion.

Back
Top Bottom