• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

[VIDEO] Analysis method looks promising for (home?) scientists - NQR

Migrated topic.

downwardsfromzero

Boundary condition
Applied Science delivers the goods again, this time with nuclear quadrupole resonance. NQR is a bit like NMR but doesn't need huge magnets - for the technically-minded it might be worth considering.
[youtube]
His instrument does seem to require a huge sample size, however! By comparison, NMR easily would give results from a 100mg sample, not to mention a much more information-rich output.

Other challenges include tuning the circuit filters for different frequency ranges - I'm far from being an electronics genius so I'll leave it up to someone else to suggest solutions for that.

That is cool and has so many applications.

I will have to keep an eye on this, might be a reason to dust off the oscilloscope when I get some time.

I also sstumbled upon applied science guy when brainstorming for building an improvised portable hplc/UV spectrometer. Few channels on YouTube provide as good a content as his in this domain . very resourceful guy and multidisciplinary. I've seen that video along with the mass spectrometer. He even built an x-ray machine hahaha

Fortunately these analytical instruments are now becoming increasingly more open source for those of us 3D printer enthusiasts.

Noise from electronics Circuit seems to be a major hastle messing up the reading signal and that must be considered when creating a design. I was going to post in advanced chemistry but I think collaborative research projects is better after second guess. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Back
Top Bottom