• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

what to do with leftover solutions...

Migrated topic.

shakedownshaman

Rising Star
A foaf asked me the other day what's the safest way to dispose of leftover solutions once you cant use them anymore, he certainly doesnt want to just pour it outside, he knows people who flush theirs down the toilet, but he wants to be least harmful to our mother as possible, are there any suggestions as how to dispose safely :?:

Just flush down the base, doesn't need to be neutralized. It's not harmful to mother nature. Evaporate or burn the solvents. Though, i must say, toluene and xylene and other aromatics are not suited to be burnt. It smokes like hell. You could also put in your gastank if you dont care too much about the motor. My heptane goes to my boat motor. :D The last,and possibly the best option is to return it to some recycling central, they are all over in my country at least.

[quote:99524d2372="knark"]Just flush down the base, doesn't need to be neutralized. It's not harmful to mother nature. [/quote:99524d2372] It's hell on your pipes though, and I have a landlord who might ask some rather pointed questions about what I'm doing. Also, where I live they make you show ID and sign when disposing of hazardous chems - fuck that.

Back
Top Bottom