• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What was your first synthesis?

Migrated topic.

Tony6Strings

Rising Star
Hey braniac chemists!! (benzyme and mindlusion and trickster are the names that come to mind when I was thinking of this thread, but it is an open question for any experienced chemist). What was your first synthesis?

Before I was even born, I synthesized in my mother's womb an entire brand new novel human genome. As a kid I synthesized glucose, CO2, and alcohol using starch. As a young man I made alcohol and CO2 from simple sugars. Later in life, I made some THH by adding a single Hydrogen atom to Haramline.

The older I am, the more dumbed down things get.

:p

Some of the "drug related" compounds:

- alcohol (ethanol)
- nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- n-butyl nitrite (poppers)
- phenyl-2-nitropropene (precursor to amphetamines)
- tetrahydroharmine
- gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB or 'liquid ecstasy')

My very first synthesis though calcium acetate and then a plethora of compounds most amateur chemists make (pyridine, nitric acid, silver nitrate, hydrobromic acid, iodoethane etc. etc.)

I cannot elaborate because of the Nexus' attitude.

Mine was calcium acetate from chalk and vinegar, as feedstock for a dry distillation to produce (very crude and stinky) acetone.

Before that there were lots of simple inorganic reactions - so copper carbonate probably pre-dates all others - followed by setting fire to the box my chemistry set came in.

Since plants are adept at producing compounds of interest, I don't bother with synthesising drug molecules. THH might prove to be an exception.

My first synthesis was Calcium Acetate too, i used it to make alcohol jelly, to play with it. :lol:

Yeah it was calcium acetate, not sodium... also for making acetone. It was a sweet time when I thought I will synthesize all I need - before realizing how time consuming that is...

Man, i don't remember the first, but just yesterday i was synthing the hell out of some vitamin D. It's been a long winter in the PNW, and when the sun comes back for a few days-oh boy! That sh#t's free, and oh so nice!

I've been working on synthesizing a style of satiric psychedelic art... in fact i might post some today! Thanks for reminding me.:thumb_up: :love:

Back
Top Bottom