• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

White Xtals... A Happy Accident?

Migrated topic.

Toshido

Research & Development
I made an oopsies.

Using this TEK of course. Toshido Tek

I was pouring in my third out of five 50mL worth of Naphtha in order to do my pulls when I realized I had actually grabbed the beaker with 50mL water and 5mg sodium carbonate. A simple mistake considering both are of a clear liquid in identical vessels, but lesson learned and will keep them separated more efficiently.

I decided to do my 4th and 5th pulls anyways just to see what would happen. I combined them into my sep funnel where I normally do a sodium carb wash and then properly decanted before starting the freeze precipitation process.

I woke up to beautiful white crystals. Decanted the used solvent and fan dried the xtals. They smelled like naphtha still, but after a few hours of sitting it out it then smelled like DMT, just a bit less flowery.

I smoked them and went to hyperspace, although I found it to be more on the robotic geometrical pattern spectrum instead of a more organically breathing type experience. It was my first time smoking white spice.

Did I make white crystals by accident? Or did I make something else?

If I did, then it's a happy accident, as I now know how to produce white xtals instead of doing a big re-x. I did notice a significant yield loss of about 30-40 percent, as I understand that yellower DMT also consists of more plant fats, oils, lipids, polymorphs, etc.

Anyways, what'd I do here?

DXrjjmy.jpg

The thing is, I always do a carb wash in the sep funnel, it just helps me separate the soup that transfers during my pulls, and I still get yellow crystals after freeze precip, but this time the happy accident was doing a sodium carb wash halfway through my naphtha pulls, so it washed the soup and the naphtha as I had it spinning on a hot plate.

I wonder what would happen if I did the sodium carb wash in the soup BEFORE adding naphtha and doing pulls.

Back
Top Bottom