• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

who ever can solve this CIELO TEK problem

Eian

Rising Star
Hey guys! I need some major help with the CIELO tek... I tried Ron69 orange tek and got no where it doesn't even add up because oil and vinegar don't mix but push that aside I'm focusing on CIELO tek.
I have Klean Strip MEK Substitute, pickle lime and citric acid (same one in the picture of the tek page)
I notice on the tek page it says 150g of water as I assume that's supposed to be ml correct? It also says "150g of water + 150g reserve" what does that mean am I adding 150ml of water mixing then adding another 150ml?
I brought the whole tek down to 10% because I don't want to invest all the Cactus material until I get this down... I tried the tek at 10% to a T and nothing happened.
The 1st time I made it I added 15ml+15ml reserve (added 15ml then added 15ml and stired again) and it was too watery like soup so I did it again with only 15ml and it looked right?
I've done DMT extraction before with major success but this is majorly stumping me.

This is what I did for the 1st time I did it after the soup of 30ml
10g cactus
15ml water
2.5g calcium hydroxide (pickle lime)
100ml mek (5 pulls of 20ml)
.5g citric acid sprinkled in and not mixed in
Let sit for 4 days and... nothing... what gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick GPT consultation (with extra prompts to include better insights and Improved changes for success):

Certainly! Adding more citric acid can indeed be a quicker route to achieving the desired results. Here’s the revised and detailed process, including the quick route advice:

Understanding the Measurements
1. Water Measurement:
- 150g of water is equivalent to 150ml of water since the density of water is 1g/ml. So, when the tek says "150g of water," you should use 150ml.
- "150g of water + 150g reserve" means you initially use 150ml of water and keep an additional 150ml on hand to use later in the process. This additional water is added at a later stage as indicated by the specific steps in the tek.

2. Scaling Down the Tek:
- You mentioned scaling the tek down to 10%, which means you're reducing all the quantities proportionally. For instance, if the original tek calls for 150g (ml) of water, at 10%, you would use 15g (ml) of water.

Reviewing Your Procedure
1. Ingredients:
- 10g cactus
- 15ml water
- 2.5g calcium hydroxide (pickle lime)
- 100ml MEK substitute (5 pulls of 20ml)
- 0.5g citric acid sprinkled in and not mixed in

2. Process:
- You combined 10g of cactus with 15ml of water and 2.5g of calcium hydroxide.
- You then performed five pulls with 20ml of MEK substitute each.
- After adding 0.5g of citric acid, you let the mixture sit for 4 days.

Troubleshooting the Process
1. Consistency:
- You mentioned that using 30ml of water made the mixture too watery, so you used 15ml instead. If the tek originally calls for a thicker consistency, using less water might indeed be the correct approach, but make sure you're following the exact tek instructions for the right consistency.

2. MEK Substitute:
- Ensure that your Klean Strip MEK Substitute is compatible with the tek. Sometimes substitutes do not work the same way as the original chemical. MEK substitutes can have different chemical properties that might affect the extraction process.

3. Citric Acid Addition:
- When adding citric acid, make sure it's evenly distributed and thoroughly mixed. Sprinkling it in without mixing might lead to uneven reactions or ineffective results.

Suggested Adjustments
1. Re-evaluate the Water Amount:
- Double-check the tek instructions to ensure you're using the correct amount of water. Sometimes minor deviations can significantly affect the outcome.

2. Mix Thoroughly:
- Ensure thorough mixing at each step, especially when adding the citric acid. Uniform distribution is crucial for the reaction to proceed correctly.

3. Verify the MEK Substitute:
- If possible, try using actual MEK instead of the substitute, as the substitute may not be performing as needed for the extraction.

4. Allow for Sufficient Reaction Time:
- Ensure you're giving the mixture enough time to react. Sometimes the process might take longer than anticipated, so patience is key.

Quick Route: Adding More Citric Acid
If you prefer a quicker route, you can add a larger amount of citric acid to speed up the reaction. Here's how you can modify the process:

1. Mixing:
- Combine 10g of cactus with 15ml of water.
- Add 2.5g of calcium hydroxide and mix thoroughly.

2. Extracting:
- Add 20ml of MEK, mix, and let sit for a specified time.
- Repeat the MEK addition and extraction process five times, each with 20ml.

3. Citric Acid Addition (Quick Route):
- Instead of sprinkling 0.5g of citric acid, add 1-2g of citric acid to the mixture and ensure it's thoroughly mixed. The increased amount of citric acid can help speed up the reaction.

4. Sitting Period:
- Let the mixture sit for at least 1-2 days. Monitor the reaction closely to determine if the desired results are achieved sooner.

Example Process Reiteration
For clarity, here’s an example of a process you might follow with the quick route:

1. Mixing:
- Combine 10g of cactus with 15ml of water.
- Add 2.5g of calcium hydroxide and mix thoroughly.

2. Extracting:

3. Citric Acid Addition:
- Add 1-2g of citric acid and ensure it's well mixed.

4. Sitting Period:
- Let the mixture sit for 1-2 days as per the quick route instructions.

If after adjusting these steps you're still encountering issues, it might be helpful to revisit the tek instructions or consult with others who have successfully completed the process. Additionally, verifying the purity and source of your cactus material can also play a significant role in the success of the extraction.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need further clarification or assistance!

Extra, clear info:

Kind regards,

The ChatGPT-Traveler 😇

Last edited:
I tried Ron69 orange tek and got no where it doesn't even add up because oil and vinegar don't mix
A quick point here, the oil and vinegar not mixing is crucial in that after stirring the two liquid phases will separate again and the mescaline will have migrated into the acidic vinegar, which can then be separated from the oil. That said, the 69ron tek is notoriously finnicky, so a lack of results is not all that unusual.

I would still suggest that you attempt to familiarise yourself with the fundamental principles of extraction more thoroughly, then it will make these things a lot clearer. Extraction via STB from MHRB is super easy, so success there does not automatically make one a chemical super-genius :LOL:

I notice on the tek page it says 150g of water as I assume that's supposed to be ml correct? It also says "150g of water + 150g reserve" what does that mean am I adding 150ml of water mixing then adding another 150ml?
This means you reserve the second portion of water to adjust the consistency of the paste to within the suggested optimal range. That would also imply not to add all of the reserve amount at once.
The 1st time I made it I added 15ml+15ml reserve (added 15ml then added 15ml and stired again) and it was too watery like soup so I did it again with only 15ml and it looked right?
Your observations here kind of sum up this point.
If you can ask a parent, guardian, or elderly relative for some baking tips, that may help a lot too...

2. Extracting:
Maybe stating the obvious, but for "MEK" here, read "MEK substitute" or "EA" (y)

Maybe stating the obvious, but for "MEK" here, read "MEK substitute" or "EA" (y)
Thank you for the reminder! The post has been changed.

I made this reply yesterday just before I fell asleep, I already saw it missing the "substitute" part but was honestly too tired to even be able to rectify it right away (could barely see the screen anymore)..

And with my highly state specific memory, the reminder to change it was gone when today I woke up in a new state. 😅

Kind regards,

The Traveler

A quick point here, the oil and vinegar not mixing is crucial in that after stirring the two liquid phases will separate again and the mescaline will have migrated into the acidic vinegar, which can then be separated from the oil. That said, the 69ron tek is notoriously finnicky, so a lack of results is not all that unusual.

I would still suggest that you attempt to familiarise yourself with the fundamental principles of extraction more thoroughly, then it will make these things a lot clearer. Extraction via STB from MHRB is super easy, so success there does not automatically make one a chemical super-genius :LOL:

This means you reserve the second portion of water to adjust the consistency of the paste to within the suggested optimal range. That would also imply not to add all of the reserve amount at once.

Your observations here kind of sum up this point.
If you can ask a parent, guardian, or elderly relative for some baking tips, that may help a lot too...

I'm explaining I understand the fundamentals of extraction with the acid bath and the re-x and all that jazz this is not dmt extraction by no means but it's the same girl just a different dress.

Dried cactus is dried cactus so if it's 100% dried it shouldn't need "reserved water" just say how much water is needed and keep it simple bc there is only 1 proper consistency.

I understand what to do it makes total sense just I've followed everything to a T and nothing has happened

Mix cactus and pickle salt (calcium hydroxide)
Add water to make paste
Put in French press with MEK sub
Mix and let sit for 3 min (do 5 pulls)
Drain through a coffee filter
Add citric acid
Set for min of 3 days (min)
Filter off crystals and let them air dry
Consume crystals and enjoy the ride

it's the same girl just a different dress.
Oh no it ain't - mescaline freebase has a much higher water solubility for but one thing.

Dried cactus is dried cactus
Different cacti contain varying amounts (and types) of mucilage, so there's no "one size fits all" approach to the rehydration step.

I notice on the tek page it says 150g of water as I assume that's supposed to be ml correct?
Just to cover this question, the choice of grams over milliliters was for the reason that it's generally easier to measure weight to a gram-level accuracy than to measure volume to a milliliter level of accuracy. So, if an amount of solvent is given in grams, it's best to stick to that mode of measurement. With water it doesn't really matter, but with other solvents (at least of appreciably different density) the conversion between mass and volume becomes a significant stumbling block.

One more thing to be aware of when scaling teks is that there can be a significant influence on the result due to the simple fact that volume and surface area scale differently. Add to that the effects of viscosity and surface tension and, well, there's more than one reason why it was recommended to stick to the exact measurements of the CIELO method.

I think, assuming that you have decent cactus, you should be able to achieve a successful extraction by going with the full amount. The degree of that success will be determined by the potency of your cactus, all other factors being equal.

Work your initial freebase paste more! Use a food mixer and whip the shit out of it until it’s real fluffy and mouselike. That will make a big difference (provided your cactus is good)

When you mix the water, lime and cactus it should feel way too dry ime. Only after mixing the shit out of it for five minutes does the consistency change. It slakes a little and water actually comes to the surface of the tiny particles making it stickier again, this is a sign it’s ready. People go wrong because they add too much water at the outset and try to rush the process

Back
Top Bottom