• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Who is the photographer of this fungoid cave painting photograph?

Hello everyone,

I am currently studying the fungoid cave art of Tassili N'ajjer and I am encountering difficulties in accurately locating the various rock shelters where these rock paintings are reportedly found. Specifically, I am searching for the rock shelters known as Matalem-Amazar, I-n-Aouanrhat, Tin-Abouteka, and Tin-Tazarift.

I hope that by identifying the photographer of this photo, I can better pinpoint its location:

It was supposedly taken in the I-n-Aouanrhat rock shelter.

Any assistance in locating the photographer or additional information on these sites would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I am currently studying the fungoid cave art of Tassili N'ajjer and I am encountering difficulties in accurately locating the various rock shelters where these rock paintings are reportedly found. Specifically, I am searching for the rock shelters known as Matalem-Amazar, I-n-Aouanrhat, Tin-Abouteka, and Tin-Tazarift.

I hope that by identifying the photographer of this photo, I can better pinpoint its location:

It was supposedly taken in the I-n-Aouanrhat rock shelter.

Any assistance in locating the photographer or additional information on these sites would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Hi there
Intriguing subject. As a north African I speak Algerian. I could help with tracking this down.

It’s from this paper, I would guess it’s from the authors.

And has a map m1 is the place apparently, if you go there take some pictures for us 😘

Good luck

Attachments

• Fouilleux_2010_Un_trait_culturel_du_styl.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It’s from this paper, I would guess it’s from the authors.

And has a map m1 is the place apparently, if you go there take some pictures for us 😘

Good luck
Wow, thank you so much Varallo! What a great paper. Big help!

Hopefully, I'll go there in the near future!

Hi there
Intriguing subject. As a north African I speak Algerian. I could help with tracking this down.
I'm trying to identify the right university or museum in Algeria to contact. I've reached out to several scholars, but I'm having trouble figuring out the best point of contact in Algeria. Do you have any suggestions on which direction I should go?

Back
Top Bottom