• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Whole rootbark

Migrated topic.

DMTripper

John Murdoch IV
I have 500gr. of whole rootbark and I took half of it and put it dry in a blender and I don't think it's working too good. I was thinking if I should put water with it and mix it and then let the water evaporate on a tray?How do you guy's deal with whole rootbark? Has anyone tried to blend it with water?

[quote:22f40939bc="DMTripper"]I have 500gr. of whole rootbark and I took half of it and put it dry in a blender and I don't think it's working too good. I was thinking if I should put water with it and mix it and then let the water evaporate on a tray?How do you guy's deal with whole rootbark? Has anyone tried to blend it with water?[/quote:22f40939bc] First, SWIM needs a strong blender, then break it up into chunks and constantly pulse the unit to get it too powder and move the pieces at the same time - there's a rythmn to it, but the constant pulsing works well but can take probably 20 minutes in your case to shred it down adequately - watch out for that pink dust afterwards.

Don't add water! It'll just make the bark resiliant rather than brittle and it'll just swirl round and round. My friend uses a really strong blender (Kitchenaid) but lacking that, one could pick up a coffee grinder and do small batches. There's no easy way. And yah, the pink dust is a bitch - wear a mask, and let it settle between grindings.

take a pair of wire cutters or tin snips and break the bark down to small bits , 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch is a rough estimate. that will get it small enough for the coffee grinder. def wear a mask as you grind, the pink dust floats everywhere. its good to do your grinding over a metal bowl or receptacle to catch stray dust, also sometimes the grinder will get a little clogged and spit dust out the sides while grinding. dont let the machine overheat. vortex's tek has good notes on this process : http://www.dmt-nexus.me/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70

Best thing is to break it all up and put it in your blender a bit at a time. When you turn it on, grab the blender with one hand on bottom and one hand on top over the lid, secure tightly and shake it up and down as it grinds the bark. This way the bark bounces around and all gets ground pretty well.

[quote:bfb9d75da7="zero"]Best thing is to break it all up and put it in your blender a bit at a time. When you turn it on, grab the blender with one hand on bottom and one hand on top over the lid, secure tightly and shake it up and down as it grinds the bark. This way the bark bounces around and all gets ground pretty well.[/quote:bfb9d75da7] That's what I was doing when I realized my blender is not heavy duty :p Just made smoke and a really bad smell before it died. One question! How fine do you make it. Does it need to be totally powdered? Or is finely shredded ok?

[quote:724eeb073a="zero"]Best thing is to break it all up and put it in your blender a bit at a time. When you turn it on, grab the blender with one hand on bottom and one hand on top over the lid, secure tightly and shake it up and down as it grinds the bark. This way the bark bounces around and all gets ground pretty well.[/quote:724eeb073a] :lol: this is exactly what swim was doing last week, and it does work. for swim a lot of the chunks would sit under the blades and not get chopped. so take zero's advice and shake that blender.

[quote:b71ce6ad66="zero"]Its my opinion that shredded is preferrable to powdered. Powdered bark is messier to work with if you ask me.[/quote:b71ce6ad66] Ok cool. I have around 250gr. of bark between finely shredded and powdered so I guess I'll use it like that. Just need to get some more gear and some time and then I'll get a stew going :)

SWIM bought 1 lb of rootbark by accident and it sucks. Grind it up to a fine powder and still had a shitload of fibers that are worthless in dye making. Conversion rate, well that sucked big time, with MHRB powder SWIM gets 1.7g more than the rootbark. Powder is the best, and only cost 3.00 more a lb. SWIM was pissed for not paying attention when she ordered her dye supplies. Never again. No more rootbark. There is no loss in MHRB powder due to oxidation. BS She get a 1.7% conversion rate constantly of nice clear shards, under slow non polar solvent evap. Oh yeah, JFYI there is no fat in MHRB or powder, the yellow is tannins and tannins are not fats. HCL concentrates when reduced and does not evap, vinegar will disappear but only after repeated reductions of added water.

[quote:86f3863991="ElfSpice"] Oh yeah, JFYI there is no fat in MHRB or powder, the yellow is tannins and tannins are not fats.[/quote:86f3863991] But don't you need to get the tannins out? It's really bad to smoke DMT with tannins in it isn't it?

Yes ! dye-making is a good explanation for why those boxes of MHRB keep getting delivered UPS !! the tannins make the yellow oily-spice ..! Very good spice to have! There's some alkaloids in that oil !- it 'ignites' quick and vapourizes better. As much as we want avoid burning the spice, those oils really help the vapour form !. Swim uses a dedicated coffee grinder to 'pulverize' the MHRB - the fibers are chewed up too pretty good. It's easy to burn-out a grinder, big or small like swim's little Black and Decker grinder, so pulsing the blades is a good idea. Maybe Swim ought to just order the powdered MHRB next time - she used to think that the stuff could be 'cut-up' with something, as though MHRB suppliers would screw-around like that, but good to hear otherwise...

Back
Top Bottom