• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Why is my DMT a hue of green?

Witch Space Cadet

Don't be a basic witch...
Hi,

I'm a little new to all this, and I keep finding that I am making different things every time I have a new pull it seems... (theoretically, of course)

But this newest development is rather unusual. Usually, it's white, a shade of yellow, or a honey gold color if the crystals are very big. That's normal, right?

Well, the last couple pulls and I'm getting whitish yellow that has a clear green hue to it. Should i be worried?

I found an academic article talking about N, N DMT p1(yellow) and N, N DMT p2 (green) did I just accidentally extract a different type that's still totally safe to consume?

Thanks for making it this far, and I look forward to the insight.

Hi and welcome.
Theres a thread regarding the color of dmt: IMPORTANT: spice color purity fallacy AKA is your dmt ok to smoke ?

So green/blue should be viewed as sus.
I once extracted green/blue dmt with the same chems and batch which resulted in yellow/white dmt earlier.
The only difference was instead of using table salt I used sea salt.
But I am not sure if that was really the problem.
You could try to backsalt it. Thats what worked for me.
I would not consume the green dmt without backsalting or fixing the color.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. Looking at it now, I think I combined two different types of naphtha.... shit... that's the only difference I can think. Unless the idiot who purchased the lye for me got the wrong kind.

I will try another pull with fresh naphtha of only one variety and see where it goes.

Again, thank you.

Hi and welcome.
Theres a thread regarding the color of dmt: IMPORTANT: spice color purity fallacy AKA is your dmt ok to smoke ?

So green/blue should be viewed as sus.
I once extracted green/blue dmt with the same chems and batch which resulted in yellow/white dmt earlier.
The only difference was instead of using table salt I used sea salt.
But I am not sure if that was really the problem.
You could try to backsalt it. Thats what worked for me.
I would not consume the green dmt without backsalting or fixing the color.

two different types of naphtha.... Unless the idiot who purchased the lye for me got the wrong kind. 
Try to evaporate a bit of the two naphtha's on a meticulously clean glass to see if it leaves any trace, if so, it has additives that might f things up.
Also: Lye is not hard to make yourself, if you buy the NaOH in small pallets. Then you know your lye is pure.
The sea salt could also contain more then just salt. I personally use evaporated water softener salt, it comes in big bags, is 99.9% pure, zero additives, and cheap.
But since your other pull was clean, that is probably not it.

Last edited:
Try to evaporate a bit of the two naphtha's on a meticulously clean glass to see if it leaves any trace, if so, it has additives that might f things up.
Also: Lye is not hard to make yourself, if you buy the NaOH in small pallets. Then you know your lye is pure.
The sea salt could also contain more then just salt. I personally use evaporated water softener salt, it comes in big bags, is 99.9% pure, zero additives, and cheap.
But since your other pull was clean, that is probably not it.
I use pickling salt

Back
Top Bottom