• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

1 Kg. MHRB - I got nothing ... Help !

Migrated topic.

Captu4ik

Farquart Thibideaux
Yesterday a 5 gallon HDPE bucket was filled with 4 gallons (15,000 ml) H2O and 2.2 Lb.s (1 Kg.) Lye. After mixing thoroughly, 2.2 Lbs. (1 Kg.) of finely ground MHRB was added and mixed well. This morning, 1 liter of boiling Naptha was added and stirred for 10 minutes, then left to settle for 5 minutes, then removed. This solvent was then placed in a double-boiler, under a fan, and evapped down to about 50 ml. To the original MHRB solution was added 1 liter of water containing an additional 1/2 Kg. of lye. After thorough mixing, another Naptha pull was made and evapped down, combined with the first pull. It has been chilling in the freezer now for over an hour and it is not even cloudy !

This is the first time an extraction of this size has been attempted, although in the past, smaller extractions with the same ingredient ratios as above produced wonderful results. The only difference this time was that because of the volume of basified rootbark, it was never heated above room temperature.

Where is the Spice ?

SWIM heard of large extractions taking a bit longer...you really need to mix that solvent up with the basified water...and for longer than 10 minutes...and why boil the naphtha..that seems like its way to hot..just keep it warm and let it sit for a day..mix it every once and awhile and then let it separate..

i dont think mere stirring is sufficient really unless you are stirring it fast enough to make a vortec and are throughly mixing the two liquids together....

i do end over end and rolling on the sides... but then again im not using buckets... usually half gallon or gallon hpde milk jugs

why extract so much at once? just seems a bit ridiculous to me...

Jorkest said:
SWIM heard of large extractions taking a bit longer...just keep it warm and let it sit for a day..mix it every once and awhile and then let it separate..

Sounds good, thanks alot. This pull will be left over night, while stirring ...

And yes, same MHRB vendor as always.

psychosisdoses said:
why extract so much at once? just seems a bit ridiculous to me...

It seems ridiculous to me to repeat an illegal operation more often than necessary, but SWIM is doing this extraction, so I don't know why he did so much ...

Captu4ik said:
It seems ridiculous to me to repeat an illegal operation more often than necessary, but SWIM is doing this extraction, so I don't know why he did so much ...

so its better to be a large scale operation? SWIY is still doing the illegal act the only difference is SWIY is making ALOT (if SWIY could figure out how to do it right that is)

I think it's better to extract small doses at a time for two reasons:
1. Every time you do an extraction you learn something new, so you get better with each extraction.
2. After extraction, you have a lesser amount of scheduled substances at your home. With the extract of 1KG you might have a hard time in court proving that you have it only for personal use. btw, this is also why I think you shouldn't have too much MHRB at home.

So how did it turn out ? for me it takes usually atleast 8-12 hours freezing time,before it starts to crystallize..

hoot10 said:
So how did it turn out ?

SWIM got very, very little. So he used Xylene (1 Litre) for the next pull, stirring briskly every half hour for about 10 hours. When he evapped the Xylene, he had a WHOLE BUNCH OF SOMETHING !. Bestine was used to seperate the spice from the jungle. SWIM had to leave town for awhile, but started a STB from the same rootbark. Another Xylene pull will be made, more likely two, and I shall reports SWIM's yeild. Time and/or stirring well made the difference ...

hoot10 said:
for me it takes usually atleast 8-12 hours freezing time,before it starts to crystallize.

SWIM evapped his down first until it's cloudy, that way it only takes a couple hours before it all falls out.

from that much bark (extracted right) you should get at least 10 grams freebase dmt but iv seen more

i second what traveler was saying that is exactly why i only extract 100-200 grams at a time
not only does it look like personal use... you learn new things and get better at it.. soon its second nature and your rolling a milk jug in your sleep

sure it may be more work and tedious
but would you rather be caught with 20 doses or 200

EVERY time I do an extraction I learn something new. Maybe a new way to seperate the NPS from the acidic brew, maybe a better way to mix, maybe a new way to strain the stuff out.

I do understand not wanting to do extraction after extraction after extracion, but listen to what people tell you, many of us are quite knowledgeable about this extraction.

Also, you really should read a lot more. There are a couple of things I can see from a quick read through that you did that were either unnessary, overkill, or done wrong.

Read through a few STB extractions and then read the comments after them. Things are explained in great detail on this site. The more you know, the better your extractions will be.

BTW, don't put naptha in a double boiler! DMT is in its freebase form and will evaporate at very low temperature! A fan and a large flat baking dish works very well and very quickly.

10 min isn't close to being long enough for a STB, try 2-3 hours for your FIRST pull, maybe longer.

HappyCamper said:
alcon_5, doesn't SWIY think that's a bit overkill? Wouldn't doing a good agitation for 15 min straight be good enough?

thing is you want the lye to have time to break down the cells
longer dont hurt

as for the bucket i really really dont see stirring being adequete
i roll roll roll my jug gently down my leg over and over and over and over life is but a dream
i feel the more surface area the naphtha/xylene has the better and if you keep it moving its always a new surface... i dunno works for me

but yes people i cant stress enough read read read and then read some more "the more you know!"
i am constantly learning something.. and the more you know the better you will be... while it is the natural desire to extract a bunch if you extract small amounts youll get more consistent results and know what to expect its also straight up easier working with smaller volumes

longer dont hurt
SWIM learned that the hard way. The extraction he is doing tomorrow will use powdered bark and will soak for a minimum of 4 hours before he starts pulling. However he doesn't feel the need to take hours doing each pull. Around 25-30 min of solid agitation followed by an hour of separation time seems plenty. We'll see how it goes

HappyCamper said:
longer dont hurt
Around 25-30 min of solid agitation followed by an hour of separation time seems plenty. We'll see how it goes

that will probably work very well...

with that said i sometimes leave pulls sit for days not for any specific reason besides im lazy :p does it make a difference? *shrug* i dunno...

acolon_5 said:
EVERY time I do an extraction I learn something new. Maybe a new way to seperate the NPS from the acidic brew, maybe a better way to mix, maybe a new way to strain the stuff out.

I do understand not wanting to do extraction after extraction after extracion, but listen to what people tell you, many of us are quite knowledgeable about this extraction.

Also, you really should read a lot more. There are a couple of things I can see from a quick read through that you did that were either unnessary, overkill, or done wrong.

Read through a few STB extractions and then read the comments after them. Things are explained in great detail on this site. The more you know, the better your extractions will be.

BTW, don't put naptha in a double boiler! DMT is in its freebase form and will evaporate at very low temperature! A fan and a large flat baking dish works very well and very quickly.

10 min isn't close to being long enough for a STB, try 2-3 hours for your FIRST pull, maybe longer.

acolon!!! where have you been..we have missed you

acolon_5 said:

The basified MHRB was left seven days before pulling, not 10 min ...

Summary of Process and Yeild​

1 Kg. Ground MHRB was acidified (pH 3) with acetic acid. The MHRB was removed and the soup pulled with 1 litre Naptha. This first pull yeilded almost nothing, due to lack of agitation and/or time, though the spice was very white and clean. A 2nd pull was done using Xylene with more agitaion/greater time. This pull yeilded well.

To the used NHRB was added 4 gallons of dH2O and 1000 grams Lye. This was allowed to set for 7 days (SWIM left town) and then pulled with 1 Litre Naptha, and re-pulled with 1 Litre Xylene. Both of these pulls yeilded well. A third Xylene pull yeilded a negligable amount.

All spice was combined and re-crystalized in Bestine. Final yeild was 14.5 gms. of almost white spice.

so you did a pull with 1000ml of naphtha on the acidic solution and got nothing?
what you did is called a defat the reason you got nothing was the dmt was still in the aqueous solution... did i understand that first part correctly?

that seems like a ridiculous amount of solvents and lye were used to me

you may want to redissolve the spice in naphtha and do a sodium carbonate wash
you could have alot of lye in that spice considering a kilo of lye was used

so have you tried any of the 300-450 some odd doses yet?

Back
Top Bottom