• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

1 Kg. MHRB - I got nothing ... Help !

Migrated topic.
Jorkest said:
acolon_5 said:
EVERY time I do an extraction I learn something new. Maybe a new way to seperate the NPS from the acidic brew, maybe a better way to mix, maybe a new way to strain the stuff out.

I do understand not wanting to do extraction after extraction after extracion, but listen to what people tell you, many of us are quite knowledgeable about this extraction.

Also, you really should read a lot more. There are a couple of things I can see from a quick read through that you did that were either unnessary, overkill, or done wrong.

Read through a few STB extractions and then read the comments after them. Things are explained in great detail on this site. The more you know, the better your extractions will be.

BTW, don't put naptha in a double boiler! DMT is in its freebase form and will evaporate at very low temperature! A fan and a large flat baking dish works very well and very quickly.

10 min isn't close to being long enough for a STB, try 2-3 hours for your FIRST pull, maybe longer.

acolon!!! where have you been..we have missed you

Thank you! I've been busy, so very busy. I've finally had a few moments to breathe and log into my favorite forum. Alot of new "faces" on here!

Overkill, no I don't think so at all. I get pretty good yields and I leave my naphtha in for a while. I've left my last pull in for a week or two after nothing else seemed to come out, and poof! more spice was to be found hidden in that goop.

I don't do a lot of STB extractions, most of mine are A/B, but I have found that longer is better, esp. when using so much naphtha. Use less and have to evap less or not at all. Quicker is not better. Slow and careful always works better for extractions. Maybe I'm just an old head, but quick and easy has always ended up poorly for me, in life as well as in the lab.

Back
Top Bottom