• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

1Oz Mimosa hostilis root bark extraction

Migrated topic.

SLiCeR

SLiCeR
Hey guys

Would just like to know is it worth doing an extraction on 1 oz of Mimosa hostilis root bark?

How much spice would i get on a average?

Cheers for any help appreciate it.

Hey bro, 1OZ, like 28grams??

I wouldnt even bother with that amount, try maybe 100grams to start.
i went with 100 grams for my first extraction and that yielded me 790 mg of spice.

Damn spewin i can only get mimossa in 1oz packages since it's not allowed to be imported guess i could order a few and wait till i have enough together?

Also how much spice does it take to get the full effect? as in how much do you need to smoke (three big tokes so ive heard) roughly how much would that be?

Sorry bout all the noob questions i am new to the spice but definitely not new to psychedelics.

Ok well i will try start with at least 2Oz then

How many grams of spice does it take to smoke to get the full effect?

Don't be afraid to do some reading. All the information is here. I'll give you a hint, though. If you have pure spice, and you vaporized it perfectly, 20mg is a ticket to hyperspace.

slidewinder said:
Don't be afraid to do some reading. All the information is here
Really!!! I mean c'mon!!
The answers to those two questions are probably in the pages of this forum a thousand times at least!!!
They are probably on about 5000 other entheogen forums as well!!
Did you even take the time to check it out?

BTW, whats with all the new members lately asking those same basic questions every couple of days?!?!?!?
Guess what, most people who do not take the time to research this stuff themselves, do not usually end up with a very good extraction, or yield!
This process takes some time... it takes some research...& it takes just a little dedication, to get it done correctly!!!
Extracting DMT from Mimosa is about as simple as it could possibly be, that is why there is so much information about it all over the net!!
All you have to do is read it!!

If you can't take 5 minutes to research the answers to your questions, you may want to just wait until you have the time to do this correctly.

WS

slidewinder said:
Don't be afraid to do some reading. All the information is here. I'll give you a hint, though. If you have pure spice, and you vaporized it perfectly, 20mg is a ticket to hyperspace.

Are you sure?

warrensaged said:
slidewinder said:
Don't be afraid to do some reading. All the information is here
Really!!! I mean c'mon!!
The answers to those two questions are probably in the pages of this forum a thousand times at least!!!
They are probably on about 5000 other entheogen forums as well!!
Did you even take the time to check it out?

BTW, whats with all the new members lately asking those same basic questions every couple of days?!?!?!?
Guess what, most people who do not take the time to research this stuff themselves, do not usually end up with a very good extraction, or yield!
This process takes some time... it takes some research...& it takes just a little dedication, to get it done correctly!!!
Extracting DMT from Mimosa is about as simple as it could possibly be, that is why there is so much information about it all over the net!!
All you have to do is read it!!

If you can't take 5 minutes to research the answers to your questions, you may want to just wait until you have the time to do this correctly.

WS

Sorry about my laziness i should of looked it up i just wanted to know if the extraction would be worth it then i thought hmm i wonder how much it actually takes so i thought i would ask the question in this thread since i had already asked one question but now i see i should find the info myself and save the trouble of gettin flamed for one question i could of found with a quick google no doubt sorry again guys :(

Heres some useful tips

.Don't cut corners.

.Don't evaporate the Shellite/naphtha with a fan. Use the Freeze method (you will know what this is when you look up extraction teks). When the time comes to pour off the shellite, you pour off, recover the bowl with plastic wrap, then leave upside down to get to room temp. Do this fast or the shellite heats up, and your spice will turn to goo.

.Don't do sloppy pulls. You don't want Lye getting in your spice crystals do you?

.Study research Study Research, repeat for at least a month to 12-24 months.

.Brands to use: Lye-Mechanix caustic soda (in woolies or coles, where the draino is sold). Naphtha, but in this case shellite - Diggers Shellite (Bunnings, in the paint section I found it). For making changa (Look into changa), use Diggers Acetone (Big W, found in the section with car care (car stuffs?)).

.Be safe! Use gloves and goggles at least when doing an extraction. Lye also gives off nasty fumes, try to be mindful of this. Will say again, ALWAYS HAVING YOUR GOOGLES AND GLOVES ON WHEN DOING AN EXTRACTION! I did not have my gloves on because I wanted to transfer the lye/bark mix BACK to another vace, my gloves was inside (I did not want to waste time). The bowl was crap as pouring off stuff, and the mix dribbled on my hands! Lucky for me, it was just the Shellite.

They are just some basic tips. If you suck up all the information you can, you will do a successful extraction 1st go. If you seemed like you studied, and did your research, I would give you some information to get a good amount of bark. 36g you can try, it won't hurt.

Basic info for this. 36g of bark, 36g of Lye, around 360ml-400ml of water. Doing the STB well and you should pull a small amount of white fluffy crystals. Depending on the % of DMT in the bark you might get 100mg. Or if the yield is REALLY good (2%, from good vendors), you might get 300-500mg.

Last of all, make sure you get a scale to read at least 0.01 (10mg and up?). Don't be some some people, they ask for ways to measure a dose without a scale. You cannot! Simple. Every pull the crystals will be different densities. But if you don't mind guessing doses, that's fine. Did not stop me and Dan from trying our spice.

Thankyou Drake
Very much appreciated all the info given i will go and do my research for a while until i know what im doing
cheers for being patient with me :)

From reading above i have my answer to why mine went to goo. I used toluene and a hair dryer. Now know better for next time. Thank you.. Can i add water to the goo adjust ph and vap again to crystallize. Is what i have a freebase? I did stick some in a bowl and it worked however was hard to get in more than couple puffs due to the roughness. If i could of doubled the intake im sure the effect would of taken me a lot deeper.

hittin on the old ones :)

jaxieboy said:
From reading above i have my answer to why mine went to goo. I used toluene and a hair dryer. Now know better for next time. Thank you.. Can i add water to the goo adjust ph and vap again to crystallize. Is what i have a freebase? I did stick some in a bowl and it worked however was hard to get in more than couple puffs due to the roughness. If i could of doubled the intake im sure the effect would of taken me a lot deeper.

what exactly was the answer to your problems ? You can always base back/simply redissolve to NP solvent if you mean that. When youre struggling with goo, you can use a more selective solvent like Hexane/Heptane.

When you evap the NP you very likely have FB since in this layer spice can only stay unsaltet/deprotonated.

Also, when the smoke was really rough, you have to work on either your vaping technique or you may have pulled impurities. The spice I pulled with toluene was always perfect no matter if evaped or crystallized.

Even the brown spice I pulled with Limonene is perfectly smokeable.

When you reX, you may want to let the more selective solvents cool a bit and then collect the brown goo from the botton and safe it separately. Although I never did it, I know that Changa works pretty good for this "fraction".

Back
Top Bottom