• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

5-meo-dmt

Migrated topic.
Kannamate said:
so if using virola resin what should be a good starter dosage?

200 mg of Virola resin sublingually. It will either do nothing, or give you a pleasant mild trip. Some people need 1000 mg or more of Virola resin for light effects, for others that would be a near overdose. Individual sensitivity to 5-MeO-DMT varies more than anything else I’ve heard of.

why does dosage vary so much is there a reverse tolerance,or something like salvia,or does one need to use it a couple times to begin to feel it?

I personally love 5-MeO...
Don't like to smoke it, for the onset is too fast, but insufflated is really... well, can't say nice.
Yes, at low doses it can be nice, but this is an interesting substance at higher doses I think.

What it has to teach is not easy to understand, for it shows me more the nothing, the vacuum of the universe, than what is there... and to show me this, 5meo first kill and beat and bite my mind.
At 30 mg insufflated (crystals) I thought I was about to die in the end -couldn't think at nothing at the beginning-, but still one of the most wisdomfull experience of my life. No visuals even at large doses, just a dark going into the dark, and I find that so interesting...
A good teacher for me

Just my two cents =)

Its weird, because we are all individuals, and react differently to things...

I had the amazing fortune of smoking 15-20 mg of 5-Meo-DMT recently.

I expected it to be intense, and it was. And such a different beast to DMT. Yet personally, just as interesting. 5-Meo didn't give me the fear - at all - whereas DMT always does, even before I smoke it!

Within seconds of smoking it, I was plunged into a VERY powerful trance, I was more loaded than I ever have been before, and thats saying something...

I was enveloped in an ocean of light/energy, an ocean of pure, cosmic oneness. There were some visuals in this ocean of energy for sure, but they were insignificant compared to those of DMT, or the feelings I was experiencing.

My heart was beating VERY fast, my breathing was shallow, and I felt sick - but that didn't matter, my mind was having an absolutely incredible ride, and my body was kind of being dragged along behind in the dirt a bit, but hey, it doesn't last long!

As I started to return from the sea of energy, I was filled with this divine, ecstatic euphoria, like MDMA I guess, but on a whole different level.

5-Meo was the most intoxicated I've ever been on anything ever, despite only lasting a few minutes. I found it much warmer and more cosy than DMT to be honest, which can be quite cold and alien at high doses, sometimes anyway.

Amazing, like a very powerful psycho-spiritual orgasm...but not something for the faint of heart. VERY powerful stuff, a proper shamanic trance drug.

I agree with you, Bancopuma.
It's a really powerfull trance, if you let yourself go without stopping to think or to fear something, and let 5meo guide the dances, she can show you and teach you A LOT.
I've seen the meaning of life, the nothing and the everything, when travelling in 5-meo

fractal enchantment said:
how long does it usually last for you with this method?
At the moment I have 1 minute onset, appr., 30 minutes of pure blackout-trance-pluridimensional tripping, 15 minutes to come back to the earth and to let my consciousness calm down.

When I take large doses, like 30 mg, I usually have hallucinations when I go to sleep, and 5meo comes back to my body, for 4-5 nights after, or so.

I don't know if it happens only to me, for sure is a quite unpleasent thing

sorry for my english, guys =)

arimane said:
I agree with you, Bancopuma.
It's a really powerfull trance, if you let yourself go without stopping to think or to fear something, and let 5meo guide the dances, she can show you and teach you A LOT.
I've seen the meaning of life, the nothing and the everything, when travelling in 5-meo

fractal enchantment said:
how long does it usually last for you with this method?
At the moment I have 1 minute onset, appr., 30 minutes of pure blackout-trance-pluridimensional tripping, 15 minutes to come back to the earth and to let my consciousness calm down.

When I take large doses, like 30 mg, I usually have hallucinations when I go to sleep, and 5meo comes back to my body, for 4-5 nights after, or so.

I don't know if it happens only to me, for sure is a quite unpleasent thing

sorry for my english, guys =)
Your English is great, better than some Americans'. I can understand your meaning beautifully :)

Anything on oral 5-MeO-DMT and it's duration and dosages? Are they at all significant?

You mean oral 5-meo without MAOI?
I've heard it's active lightly around 30 mg, but seem to me like a waste of crystals

With maoi can be very interesting, but I found quite easy to go on bad trip -except if you take low doses-. This is not an easy substance to manage.

If you take sublingual, there are some reports in the rest of the topic about it, I took just once with low doses... found it veeery pleasurable, indeed

SWIM has tried oral 5-MeO-DMT without an MAOI and it does work. SWIM tried 25 mg orally without an MAOI. It seems to peak after about 1 hour and last about 3 hours or so. It’s not very good. There are bodily effects present that way. SWIM’s stomach had a very slight touch of that tryptamine nausea from it that way. I imagine combining it with 1 Datura stramonium seed will block the bodily effects of it and might make it quite nice. SWIM will try that combo someday in the future.

Yesterday i took ayahuasca with theobromine (about 2,5 teaspoons, didn't measure it's weight). The theobromine changed the trip significantly into something in between a normal ayahuasca trip an a strong 5-MeO-DMT trip. It was less visual then normal ayahuasca or DMT but much more visual then 5-MeO-DMT, the OEV's where almost colourless, a bit like in that famous blueberry-clip. But the menthal effects where very 5-MeO-DMT like. It was the freakiest thing i've ever experienced. Even freakier then 5-MeO itself. It was totally awesome and insane, a part of me wants to go back there and another part of me is a bit too scared to go back there.
This was the most 5-MeO-DMT like thing i ever experienced and it hit me hard. it was like: wooosh, total loss of ego within seconds.

69ron said:
SWIM never combined 5-MeO-DMT with anything other than THH and harmine. With harmine it becomes very visionary, almost like DMT. With THH, it’s extremely euphoric, and similar to mescaline in many ways.
What's the story on safety with 5Meo and aya chems? Do people know at what point it can become dangerous?
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_health.shtml said:
Contraindications

5-MeO-DMT and MAOIs :
Although 5-MeO-DMT is present in some plants used in ayahuasca and in some ayahuasca brews, Erowid has received several reports of very troubling physical reactions in people who have ingested 5-MeO-DMT with MAOI harmala-alkaloids. There appears to be the risk of severe hypertensive symptoms, overheating, serotonin syndrome, etc. It is important to note that the profile of these risks are not fully understood, because the long history of use of brews containing some amount the two in combination.

A case of a 17-year-old male was reported to us in December 2002. He ingested an extract of Syrian Rue and then smoked an unknown (but large) dose of powdered, chemical 5-MeO-DMT. He quickly became non-responsive and fell to the ground, began convulsing (myoclonic jerking), and his sitter called an ambulance for help. He was found to have had a pulse of 180, blood pressure 200/125, and temperature 106.0 F. These levels are dangerously high. He was minimally responsive but became wildly agitated upon stimulation (even just speaking to him). He was treated with diazepam and transferred by helicopter to a Boston area hospital. The patient may have suffered lasting damage to his kidneys and rhabdomyolysis.

In December 2004, we received an unconfirmed report of a death related to the ingestion of 200mg of 5-MeO-DMT with some amount of "yage" and are currently looking for corroboration.

We have also received some reports from groups experimenting with making pharmahuasca using 5-MeO-DMT who have said that they had much higher incidence of bad reactions with 5-MeO-DMT than with N,N-DMT. They discontinued using the 5-MeO-DMT.

Theres always an handfull of similar reports regardless of what was taken.
Doses really do differ for everyone. Always wise to lightly dip your toes in first before taking the plunge.

Regarding visuals and 5 meo dmt, I've read a lot of reports of people stating that it's been very visual for them, but only heard this from people who have taken chaliponga tea with an maoi. Probably the bufotenin content in chali.

I've not taken chaliponga for ages, and when I did it was mixed with loads of other ayahuasca type plants, so I don't know it's effect well at all. I have a batch of chaliponga which I will use at some point. I'm very interested from the impression I get from it. Wondering how much I'll need to drink chali alone with no maoi. Anyone chewed the leaves? if so how much did you use?

Dosage responses to 5-MeO-DMT probably vary more than any other psychedelic. It seems to vary by as much as a factor of 25 from person to person. Some people need up to 50 mg smoked for effects. Others are blown away at 2 mg smoked.

Be very careful with 5-MeO-DMT dosage. A pleasant dose for one person might be an extreme overdose for another person, and do nothing at all for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom