• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

A new ally in caapi

Migrated topic.
maxzar100 said:
Yeah, I need to make a caapi brew for the first time too. The last time, I made the brew, then fucked up by adding gelitan in it and passing out. Then in the morning,, it had turned to jello pretty much, I guess I didnt strain out all the gelitan lol.

Maybe I will try again tonight with the tannins.

you can use egg white, [even cook before and then cut into bits and use as a layer in the herbal percolator.

personally I don't feel you need to to a protein based tannin extraction with Caapi.
you can drink 50g and there will be [in mine and friends experience] no nausea at all.

i read somewhere [can't remember sorry[ that the tannin level in caapi is pretty minimal.

unlike jurema, crikey does that stuff taste yuck and mess with your stomach
[unless you protein bind the tannins, then it just tastes bad but doesn't make you throw up that often (on 6.5 - 8g per person)]

no need to egg white filter tannins for caapi at all...

Mimosa is another story..but still there is no need in my experience to use egg white filers or anything..just stick it in the frigdge for 2-3 days before you reduce..decant it and then reduce...that seems to give me a nice transparent mimosa brew every time..just add to the caapi tea and reduce it together at that point.

fractal enchantment said:
no need to egg white filter tannins for caapi at all...

Mimosa is another story..but still there is no need in my experience to use egg white filers or anything..just stick it in the frigdge for 2-3 days before you reduce..decant it and then reduce...that seems to give me a nice transparent mimosa brew every time..just add to the caapi tea and reduce it together at that point.
Tannins from mimosa binds to harmaloids, which most likely inactivates some of the caapi actives.
I have tried it with pure tannin powder. It produces instant precipitation.

Tannin has been used for strychnine poisoning. It binds to strychnine, and thereby inactives it.

really?...I am talking about decanting the mimosa brew by itself after allthe stuff settles to the bottom of the bottle in the fridge..THEN add the mimosa tea to the caapi tea and reduce..

thats interesting though that tannins will do that..

fractal enchantment said:
really?...I am talking about decanting the mimosa brew by itself after allthe stuff settles to the bottom of the bottle in the fridge..THEN add the mimosa tea to the caapi tea and reduce..

thats interesting though that tannins will do that..
Tannins won't really settle by decanting. They are the ones causing most of the reddish colour in mimosa.

50 grams of shredded yellow caapi from HP was put in a stainless pot with half a lemon juice and a quart of water and lightly boiled for at least a half hour maybe a little more. I strained off the water and put another quart of water in and lightly boiled uncovered for another 3o-ish minutes. Combined the water from both boils, filtered it and added honey.

This will be my first time with caapi tea. I have taken caapi copy sublingually before and take THH orally every so often... I am really excited.

Edit: Sham-on!!! This tastes really good. As good as green tea or coca tea (which is damn tasty)

I wish I knew how potent my brew is. I am anxious for another tasty mugs worth.... but don't want to overdo it.

Thank you again nexus crew - - for improving my life with all this great knowledge.

peaches!:x

Back
Top Bottom