• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

about me, about you, and about psilocybe

Migrated topic.

Virola78

Esteemed member
OG Pioneer
Hi!

Love this site. Been here allot lately.
At first only because I was searching for a way to extract active alkaloids from my recently purchased 60cm-7cm of Panachoi. Google eventualy brought me here, at the dmt-nexus. The thread about the dry STB caught my attention. Interesting method, seems very valid. Stopped searching, I will try that one. But I do have some remaining questions about alkaloid extraction. Your help will be very much apreciated.

Also your descriptions of hyperspace caught my attention. The words, the pictures and art. Woow. I have been missing out...
I already know for certain I will try dmt one day. But first things first. I want to do a good mescaline extraction.

Btw I am 30 years old dutch guy born and raised in the south of Holland, interested in philosophy, quantum physics, religion, art, music and so on, and have always been very very interested in psychedelics. They are for me a source of love, wisdom, inspiration and joy. Back in the days I did allot of mushroom trips. Also experimented with some 2C-... and MD... varietes.

Anyway, for many years I have not been in the situation for this kind of experience. There were other things for me to do and learn about life. Only recently I am planning on getting started again. This time my field of experience will broaden, so is the aim. Since I have read The Supernatural by Graham Hancock I got more and more interested in dmt. This book that my father bought to have someting to read while at the beach in Blanes (Spain) really was a wake up call for me, when i got my hands on it afterwards. Furthermore, all kind of plantmaterials have become avaible online, so to put it short: the time has come. Mescaline and dmt are on the agenda.

After all these years I am still fascinated by the things I have experienced years ago on mushrooms. The experiences got deeper and deeper and they have very much influenced my life, as thay have yours. You know. I have not tripped anymore, for many years, but there is no week to go by, that I dont think about my little friends. Now I like to learn more. I like to know more about that matrix I have melted into and that non-dualistic dimension that became fully comprehensible. Probably you can tell me allot more... In your threads I find words that came through dmt-hyperspace.

There is some data I want to share with you. It is about the psilocybine and psilocine contents of mushrooms. The research (2002) was done by a lab here in holland acting upon instructions of the 'VWA' (dutch authority on food/goods safety etc.) The information seems valid to me. Nice to compare to the data at erowid. I dont know if there is an english versions avaible. I will look for it. Otherwise I will translate.
Anyway you can ponder the tables in the end, about the different psilocybine/psilocine contents in different samples and mushrooms.
Too bad the whole research was done primarily to be able to help estimate the possible risc ascociated with the use of mushrooms. You see, only since recently the mushrooms are illegal here in holland. I also have a fairly complete risc assesment about the use of mushrooms, also done upon instructions of the authorities. And yes, the riscs associated are very low. Still the mushrooms were banned. Different story. Wont get into that one here. If you like I will search and send you the link to the official report about the risc assesment.

GrM

Well as promised, I will translate. Wont do the whole report, too much work srry, but here you have some details about the research, and also the data ofc.

[Hmmm, now that i have posted i see the whole layout of the table with results is screwed. how can i fix this?]

ABOUT THE RESEARCH
The research was conducted upon instruction of the government of Holland. The purpose was to obtain more data about psilocybine and psilocine content of ‘magic mushrooms’. These mushrooms were sold (legally) in the so called ‘smartshops’ in Holland. The research was part of a project about monitoring and risk assessment.

SAMPLES
Fresh and dried mushrooms were collected twice from smartshops and (the second time) also from a professional mushroom grower (who also grows ‘champignons’, you know the type of white toadstools available at your local supermarket). First time they took 18 samples dry mushrooms from 11 different smartshops. The second time they took 7 fresh samples from 4 different smartshops and 24 fresh samples from the professional grower. Interesting to note is that all the fresh mushrooms collected from smartshops were grown by the professional grower. The types of shrooms he was growing: P.cubensis mexican, P.cubensis thai, Panaeolus cyanescens and P.tampanensis (sclerotia). Samples were taken from different flushes, so to compare. Only P.tampanensis was harvested after just 1 flush (probably because they had to break up the mycelium to harvest the sclerotia.)

METHOD
The fresh mushrooms were cut into little pieces and air dried for 5 days. Psilocybin and psilocin were extracted from dry, ground samples using methanol. For measuring psilocybin and psilocin reversed phase liquid chromatography and UV detection were used. In the original report there are more details about the method used; validation, accuracy, calibration, buffers, fluids etc. Won’t go into that one here.

RESULTS

18 dry mushroom samples from smartshops
species samples % psilocybin % psilocin % total psilocin
Panaeolus cyanescens 4 0.2 – 0.9 0.4-1.3 1.1 – 1.6
Psilocybe selimanceata 1 0.77 0.05 0.60
Psilocybe azurescens 1 0.28 0.61 0.81
Psilocybe cubensis mexican 9 0.4 - 1.1 0 – 0.1 0.4 – 0.9
Psilocybe cubensis thai 2 0 – 0.4 0.1 - 0.4 0.1 – 0.7
sclerotia* 1 0.14 0.03 0.13
* (probably P. tampanensis, otherwise P.mexicana/atlantis)

24 fresh mushrooms samples from grower, dried upon arrival at lab
Panaeolus cyanescens 8 0.0 – 3.0 0.4-1.8 0.8 – 2.5
Psilocybe cubensis mexican 6 0.1- 1.1 0.0 – 0.1 0.2 – 0.8
Psilocybe cubensis thai 8 0 .1– 0.8 0.0 - 0.2 0.3– 0.6
P. tampanensis (sclerotia) 2 0.36 – 0.38 0.03 – 0.05 0.30 – 0.31

7 fresh mushrooms samples from smartshops, dried upon arrival at lab
Psilocybe cubensis Mexican 3 0.3- 1.1 0.0 – 0.3 0.5 – 0.9
Psilocybe cubensis thai 2 0 .00– 0.01 0.01 - 0.03 0.01– 0.04
P. tampanensis (sclerotia) 2 0.35 – 0.35 0.02 – 0.04 0.28 – 0.29

DISCUSSION & CONCLUSIONS

1) no link between % contents between different flushes
2) psilocybin and psilocin are very stable in sclerotia of P.tampanensis
3) % psilocybin and % psilocin in a species of mushroom are roughly the same in fresh compared to dried.
4) % psilocybin and %psilocin can vary greatly between fresh mushrooms of Panaeolus cyanescens. Sometimes very high psilocybin and (relative) low psilocin, sometimes very high psilocin and very low psilocybin. Also % total psilocin in these fresh mushrooms (collected from grower) showed big variation (0.8 – 2.5). Independent of flush that was picked from. Possibly this variation is the result of moment of plucking or dry-process.
5) psilocybin and psilocin are less stable in fresh mushrooms. Two fresh mushroom samples (P.cubensis thai and P.cubensis mexican) from the grower were stored for 4 weeks before dried and analyzed. Only traces of psilocybin and psilocin were measured. Also the two samples of fresh P.cubensis thai from the smartshop were probably stored for too long, since there was little psilocybin and psilocin measured.
(so eat them fresh asap or dry them ; )

Back
Top Bottom