• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

acacia harvesting - season times -> effecting yields

Migrated topic.

n0thing

Rising Star
I did a search but all I could find was this thread

I have got 0.9% before from bark in the same area. I must have cooked over 3kg of branch bark this time and have only got about 2ml of goo :?:

Is there also a difference in the age of the tree? These were trees with a stump of about 6 inches, branch bark was about 1cm thick or under.

Koornut said:
It could have something to do with a miss-ID, what was the species?

Impossible because not only was it flowering season and I could see the flowers but I extracted DMT (albeit in small amounts) from it. I have also extracted from trees in the surrounding area and have received 0.9% yields before.

I remember reading there was an issue with seasonal DMT production in acacia trees I just can't remember where and the search function on this site is doing me no wonders.

n0thing said:
Koornut said:

Impossible because not only was it flowering season and I could see the flowers but I extracted DMT (albeit in small amounts) from it. I have also extracted from trees in the surrounding area and have received 0.9% yields before.

I remember reading there was an issue with seasonal DMT production in acacia trees I just can't remember where and the search function on this site is doing me no wonders.

You would have read that in the trying to improve acacia information thread for sure. Another factor to consider that others have noticed is precipitation - water stress.
It seems, not unlike cacti - that acacias respond to drought in a multitude of ways, including alkaloid production.
If you don't care to browse the bigger acacia threads to find the information re: flowering, which from memory is sparse. Then you could always TLC the particular trees every month for a year and share your results here :) - even a mini A/B will do (<50g) you can bang one out in a few hours.

One thing about sustainable extraction in Australia, patience is rewarded. If this is not you, then you can try your luck sourcing root-bark powder off the dark web, but who knows what you will get right?

As for your 2g goo, I'd suggest performing an A/B cleanup, it seems like some oils and fats made it into your final product.
What was the species you extracted from?

Koornut said:
n0thing said:
Koornut said:

You would have read that in the trying to improve acacia information thread for sure. Another factor to consider that others have noticed is precipitation - water stress.
It seems, not unlike cacti - that acacias respond to drought in a multitude of ways, including alkaloid production.
If you don't care to browse the bigger acacia threads to find the information re: flowering, which from memory is sparse. Then you could always TLC the particular trees every month for a year and share your results here :) - even a mini A/B will do (<50g) you can bang one out in a few hours.

One thing about sustainable extraction in Australia, patience is rewarded. If this is not you, then you can try your luck sourcing root-bark powder off the dark web, but who knows what you will get right?

As for your 2g goo, I'd suggest performing an A/B cleanup, it seems like some oils and fats made it into your final product.
What was the species you extracted from?

I looked through the improving acacia informationt thread but could only find a link on page 43 to this thread which doesn't provide any information.

I see endlessness did his harvest after summer around march in The Acacia Analysis Thread.

I will do as you say come autumn. I will do a mini-a/b on one of same trees in the area and report my findings.

For what it's worth the location is right on the edge of where the habitable zone is (mapped), so perhaps there is a correlation with climate->alkaloid production.

Back
Top Bottom