• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Added lye to fast!

Migrated topic.

Delta-9-THC

Rising Star
I added the lye a little too fast. The mixture got very hot for a few minutes. Do you think I destroyed alot of the DMT? I hope I didn't just waste 150gr of bark.

You'll probably be alright. Only one way to find out though. . .

I like to mix my lye & H2O, then let it cool to room temp. (or even cooler) before adding it to my MHRB.

I have a problem, I combined my first 3 pulls and then evaporated them with a blow dryer. Now I am left with a yellow goo that won't dry out. If I scrape some off with a razor it dries that way. It all smells strongly of DMT so i guess that is a good sign. Is this n-oxide? Or is it just fats and oils?

I have one more pull left in the solution. Do you think I should just dissolve the rest in that naphtha and try and do a freeze precipitation?

Did this happen because the solution got hot when adding lye or is it from the blow dryer heat?

from what ive heard, open air evaporations with air forced over the solvent tends to convert DMT into its n-oxide quite readily. Adding heat would further complicate the situation. Your extract is probably a mix of DMT, its n-oxide as well as fats and oils.

SWIM has added significant amounts of NaOH, paper mill style directly to whole bark and still has received normal yields. Usually its better to let your base fully dissolve and diffusanomicon in the water and cool before adding barks. (beat me to it DarkShaman :) )

A freeze precip sounds good for the last pull. You may want to concentrate the solvent before freeze precip first depending on how much DMT you think is in it. For the other 3 evaped pulls, you could either do a freeze precip or a re-xtalization from heptane in a hot water bath. Or you could try something fun and just mix it with some sort of herb and smoke away.

Delta-9-THC said:
I have a problem, I combined my first 3 pulls and then evaporated them with a blow dryer. Now I am left with a yellow goo that won't dry out. If I scrape some off with a razor it dries that way. It all smells strongly of DMT so i guess that is a good sign. Is this n-oxide? Or is it just fats and oils?

I have one more pull left in the solution. Do you think I should just dissolve the rest in that naphtha and try and do a freeze precipitation?

Did this happen because the solution got hot when adding lye or is it from the blow dryer heat?
Definitely from the blow drier as the exact same thing has happened to my friend.
It's not really a problem though, there's two things you can do;
1. Spread/scrape the goo around the dish wish a flexible knife until it becomes a very thin layer, as you do this it will dry rapidly and form more like white powder.
2. Or you can just use a knife/razor to scrape an eyeballed dose onto a bit of rizla paper then vaporize with it on top of the rizla paper.

I recommend recrystallization. What you do is warm up a cup or volume or naphtha in warm (~140F) tap water for half an hour or so. Then add the naphtha drop by drop while stirring it into that yellow n-oxide goo, until all of it is dissolved into the liquid naphtha.

Then add about 5-15 ml (or enough to give 1-3 mm of space for the dmt to float around in freely in the jar) more of naphtha and freeze precip that overnight.

Back
Top Bottom