• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Advice on this Bong

Migrated topic.

manyc

Manyc
I'm not a novice to the entheogens by any means, but DMT is an entirely new experience to me. In the next 24 hours or less my DMT cherry will have been popped and I don't expect to be disappointed by any means. I've been waiting for 2 years for this, and have finally come to the special niche in my life where it is the perfect time to do it.

I bought this small bong specifically for this endeavor because after extensive research I think this will be the best method for me.

bongfar.jpg

I quit the sacred ganja about a month ago due to personal reasons after 6 years of heavy daily therapeutic/spiritual use, so no weed will be going through this bong. Just the spice, which I'm sure I will soon consider just as sacred as the miracle herb. I "smoked" a bowl of menthol rolling tobacco through it to resin it up a bit, because the screens were sliding around way too much when I was messing around with how I was going to set up the bowl tomorrow. I've vaporized a couple of things before, one being meth in a lightbulb (it was a one time teenage thing many, many years ago due to my initial drug curiosity- you know, the whole "try everything once" mentality) and the other being weed on several occasions, but that was through a genuine vaporizer.

I understand that to be least wasteful, direct flame should be avoided. My question is - if one puts a layer of ash on the very bottom on top of a screen, then spice, then puts a substantial amount of ash on top of that, would "direct" flame really be too destructive? After several years of tripping on several substances I've learned that when I'm trying a new substance, I prefer to achieve the effects of a heavy dose rather than ease my way into it. My time as a psychonaut (and the ridiculous doses of LSD and mushrooms that I've ingested) have made me confident in my ability to handle incredibly intense experiences, so I'm hardly afraid of totally blasting off into the astral planes with my first smoking of DMT. Of course, after I exhale that first hit I'm sure I'll think pretty differently. :p

Basically this is my main question. Initially I planned on packing up the bowl as previously stated, and heating the bowl from beneath since it's at an angle and everything. But, I'm afraid that in doing this for my first time I may fuck it up and not get enough vapor into the bong and subsequently into my lungs for a breakthrough experience, since I have no idea just how easily the crystals/powder are going to turn to liquid. I assume it's rather instantaneous upon application of heat.

Since I'm looking for a real breakthrough experience on my first go, would it be better to insulate the spice well with ashes/inert herb and apply direct flame to really fill the bong with THICK smoke/vapor?

bongclose.jpg

A leaf bed of any sorts works well. I'm not sure about ash, but I've heard of people using parsley, and other herbs.

Let me know how things go for you.

I would go back to the place that you got the bong and tell them you want something called an
"oil burner". it is a small glass ball with a little hole and glass straw. get the bigest thickest one with the biggest carb. you wont spend more than 10 dollars on it.

gnstrong420 said:
I would go back to the place that you got the bong and tell them you want something called an
"oil burner". it is a small glass ball with a little hole and glass straw. get the bigest thickest one with the biggest carb. you wont spend more than 10 dollars on it.

Second that opinion 100%. You can actually have the best of both worlds, though. Just get a hash oil bulb to use with the bong. Light it with a jet lighter, not a bic. You won't burn anything and it will vaporize very effectively.

that bong you have seems just fine. It will work perfectly. Do put a thick layer of ashes or thin of herbs on the bottom and top, and use direct flame. For aiming at breakthrough (usually doesnt happen first time), then smoke at least 50mg, take slow, steady and large puffs.

Hold it in for at least 20 secs each (or just as much as possible), and keep smoking till there is no more or till you physically cant do it or dont understand the concept of using a lighter anymore, Usually its 3 puffs one can take.

Be in a comfortable position where you can just put the bong next to you without breaking (or someone to take it from your hand).

have a good trip :)

She's a beauty! I use a bong around the same size as that and it works a charm. I've found bigger ones to be less useful as too much air is inhaled.

The best way to smoke crystal is simply put down a pinch of herb, enough for the dmt to dissolve into, then sprinkle it over the herb. Hold the lighter just above it for 30 seconds getting that heat near the crystal, in which time you will notice it start dissolving.. sometimes sucking slowly can speed up the process. When it's all dissolved get your self ready and smoke it like you would any cone.

For the best/easiest results I would suggest you attempt making Enhanced Leaf (changa), if you have adequate supply's of course. There's a few threads regarding the matter..

Enjoy, and let us know how it goes!

To the above poster, air is only inhaled in a bong if you try and be a bad ass and clear it after youve filled it up without stopping for a breather. Any seasoned bong user will fill the bong up and exhale through the nostrils to clear that useless air pocket you've just inhaled to get the smoke to your mouth, doing this gives massive hits. If done properly id say you could take a 50mg dose in one giant toke, that is if you have the lung capacity.

Also to the OP put ice, not water in it.

also, looking at the top of your bong as you come up is weird as hell. My first thought was "what the hell am I holding this for?".

To the above poster, I know :) but if you use a really small bong you get half a lung full before your even half away through the cone + no air. Even when you do what you mentioned the smoke is still filtered slightly where as a small bong is practically pure smoke, I've found it hits you much harder.

smokeydaze said:
To the above poster, I know :) but if you use a really small bong you get half a lung full before your even half away through the cone + no air. Even when you do what you mentioned the smoke is still filtered slightly where as a small bong is practically pure smoke, I've found it hits you much harder.

It doesnt matter if you have half a lung full+no air.

If you fill the big bong up, and stop and exhale before you hit it, then you dont inhale any air and you get a bigger hit, I can clear a whole cone in one hit with my bong.

I get hits out of my bong that you just CANT get with a small bong, and if there isnt any water, then no its not being filtered slightly.

Well... by now I've had 3-4 DMT sessions in the span of a week since my first pull.

All I can say is that I understand now. I understand what McKenna spoke of...

However, what I understand more than anything is that the real content of a DMT trip simply cannot be communicated through words. Only direct experience really does it justice. The feeling that there is some kind of exchange of information or knowledge is just undeniable. It's just so hard to integrate that exchange because the sacred information is in a format our brains have trouble downloading.

I think with each visit, it will be more clear what is trying to be communicated.

I believe he put it best when he said something along the lines of, "it's the most bizarre, astounding, beautiful, terrifying, joyous thing in the world."

I look forward to going deeper, because I know that even my one "breakthrough" experience where I lost contact with my body and I was immersed in the sounds and visions of another dimension was not as far as I can go.

It takes courage, man.

I posted a report here.

Congrats man, and very nice report. After maybe 50 rides in the past couple of months, SWIM is no better equipped to understand, articulate or even imagine the place he goes to (when back on channel normal) than he was right after the first. Every single time, it seems, it's like getting hit by lightning - even if he's just been an hour before. It's truly amazing how impossible it is for him to envision the space with accuracy even a second after the peak subsides. He's just not able to bring it back home. The two planes don't seem to reconcile.

I loved your comment about it's contradicting the laws of physics. It's just always such a staggering surprise to actually experience this firsthand. If you continue to go, I think you'll find it only gets deeper and weirder. You will defintiely hit a point where you lose site of yourself entirely - no identity whatsoever, no awareness of having taken a drug, no recollection of another space. And no matter how articulate you are or how well you express yourself on paper, you will NEVER be able to capture it in words. I just don't think it's possible. McKenna's attempts, as evocative (and entertaining) as they are, don't sum up my breakthroughs at all.

I finally did the third pull and I am amazed by how much came out of it. It was all yellow crystals and some dark yellow resin that has soldified since being put in the freezer.

I did another pull and I'm letting it evaporate. It also had a tint to the naphtha. Seems that's somewhat of a gaurantee that it contains the spice... but there definitely seems to be something different to the experience of the yellow variety. I think I might actually prefer the yellow spice.

I'm also pondering my "beliefs" on the DMT experience. I've come to the conclusion that it's probably best not to believe anything at all, but just to take it for what it is - an experience. A very, very unique experience that has an endless amount of value for personal exploration and subsequently personal growth.

But I will always be skeptical as to whether or not I'm actually communicating with external entities, rather than the more logical, sensible-- more "scientific" explanation, which is that they are extensions of my own self and subconscious. No matter how authentic these "encounters" may seem, I will remain skeptical until I have proof (as with anything that is as of yet unprovable). But god damn, does it feel authentic.

Back
Top Bottom