• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Alien elf music

Migrated topic.

dijonH

Rising Star
Has anyone ever attempted to transcribe the song/chants that the self-transorming machine elves are singing, or any other songs heard while in a DMT trip? I'm a musician with a really good ear. I have not yet done DMT, but I would really like to attempt to transcribe the elf song if I hear it. I have a feeling that it will either be untranslatable or I won't be able to remember the notes I hear. A detuned 7-string guitar with death-metal distortion will be at my side right when I come out of the trance. Just kidding, it will be an acoustic. :)

Nice! Although I think there's not something like THE elf song, I think there are a lot of similarities between the sounds witnissed during a spice trip and I'd love to hear a musician's interpretation. I have not yet heard a song with DMT like effects in it, but I like those with the Nitrous Oxide echos in them. I'm an acoustic guitar player myself (mostly fingerstyle technique) so I totally think acoustic guitar is a good choice. It might be easier to use an electric guitar though, as you might experience machine-like sounds... :)

I found a perfect repro in the film Star Wars, Return of the Jedi to be exact, the scene where Jabba the Hut is going to execute Luke and all in the sand pit, there is that Alien Music playing in the ship, Perfect reproduction of what I hear every time I enter ElfLand. It f..king blew me away when I heard it 2 nights ago while scanning the satillite, couldn't believe it. Perfect. ELF = extra low fequencies This is what I think is going on, our vibe speed up and we slow down inside. This allows us to See.

Interesting! I'll have to give that a listen again. I can't remember how it goes. It's been a while since I've seen that movie. We'll be outdoors at a camp-site with acoustic guitars, so I'll just make sure to have one close by for when I come out of my trip. I mostly interested in figuring out which note intervals are being used, and what kind of melodies I hear. After figuring it out on acoustic I will go home and try to recreate exactly what I heard with electronics. Can't wait!

[quote:17372f1351="dijonH"]Can't wait![/quote:17372f1351] Me neither ;) Let us hear what you came up with once you're done! :)

Any news on this? Maybe this is somehow related:

maudlin of the well's music, lyrics, and atmosphere dealt predominantly with the subject of astral projection. The band tried to find music rather than compose it. This was done through practicing astral projection and lucid dreams, from which the band were purportedly able to "bring back" pre-existing music from the astral plane (as stated by Toby Driver in the liner notes included with the reissued Bath and Leaving Your Body Map).

I did in one memorable hyperspace leap, find my self in an elves ball room. I watched mesmerised and in awe of an elve couple, as they twirled and spun. Sorry though, I can't recall at all, what they were dancing to.

Doerak said:
... I have not yet heard a song with DMT like effects in it...:)

You may try some Coil albums. For example, "Queens Of The Circulating Library" and "Time Machines" will do :) Oil10 (aka Gilles Rossire) with his "Beyond" album, too :)

dijonH said:
Has anyone ever attempted to transcribe the song/chants that the self-transorming machine elves are singing, or any other songs heard while in a DMT trip? I'm a musician with a really good ear. I have not yet done DMT, but I would really like to attempt to transcribe the elf song if I hear it. I have a feeling that it will either be untranslatable or I won't be able to remember the notes I hear. A detuned 7-string guitar with death-metal distortion will be at my side right when I come out of the trance. Just kidding, it will be an acoustic. :)

swim did DMT for precisely the same reaosn. while it is good for exploring and then writing music, swim hardly hears any noises on it. However, a really trippy experience; the trip had a bizzare oscillating/bouncing motion to it, asif swim was phasing with reality on elastic...
and then his flatmate, who was on ketamine, said 'thuh'.... big red.... ' as swim bounced closer, and his many eyes glistened and closed, and he looked well fucked up, but alien and beuaitufl. then, the bounce reversed and his words were stretched out across infinity with digital precision and pixel perfect rendering; somehow, an effect unknown to swims ears. not like a delay or a stretch, but like... repetitions of tiny words inside tiny words. stretched with total infite depth repetition clarify...

Back
Top Bottom